Hi

I am a new member and I own Glanza S 1.3. I need a lot of help on how I can increase the power of the engine without adding a turbo. Can someone please give me useful info on how I can tune this 1.3 engine??

your help will be much appreciated

Thanks

Manifold

De-cat

air filter

Piggyback ECU

Boost controller

Free boost DE-stricter

loads more but forgotten

Manifold

De-cat

air filter

Piggyback ECU

Boost controller

Free boost DE-stricter

loads more but forgotten

^^^ it's not a tubby mate lol, boost controller would do very little :D

but yeah as stated will get very exspensive very quickly. but simple air filter, exhaust, decat should free up some power :(

Well a cat-back still has the cat which restricts the flow in the exhaust but if you get a decat which will open a bit more power mainly top end but you might have a problem with mot's then emissions being to high.

A Cat-back system is the exhaust system from the Cat, all the way to and including the back box

A Decat is a pipe welded in place of the cat, removing the restriction caused by the catalytic converter :(

I was quoted about £89 for a Decat on my N/A

Too slow lol

A Cat-back system is the exhaust system from the Cat, all the way to and uincluding the back box

A Decat is a pipe welded in place of the cat, removing the restriction caused by the catalytic converter :(

I was quoted about £89 for a Decat on my N/A

Too slow lol

To be honest with you guys I am freaking myself up on starting to tune up the Glanza S but I don'e know from where to start this process

best bit of advice ^

get some opinions on whos good with exhausts around your area and pop down to see them, best to get a full system with a 2 flanges in the middle so you can put the cat back in (make sure you get them to show you that it fits straight back in to the stock place)

^^^ it's not a tubby mate lol, boost controller would do very little :(

but yeah as stated will get very exspensive very quickly. but simple air filter, exhaust, decat should free up some power :D

woops lol got carried away.. you can use the boost controller for show !

This is how i would do it if i had and wanted to keep the N/A not including any suspention or brake mods

- Cat-Back exhaust system (2")

- Decat Pipe (also 2")

- 4 branch manifold

- Custom cold air intake mouting the airfilter as close to the front of the car as possible without going too near anything warm

- 4efe Corolla intake manifold

- Some sort of piggyback ecu to trim the fueling and make the most of the above modifications

- lightweight flywheel

- Ported/polished head with some GOOD cams 5efhe cams are good put some better spec'ed cams would obviously be better

- Custom high comp pistons

As you can see it soon gets expensive.

Ive allways fancied trying to put a yaris tsport 1.5 in a starlet with its VVTi, 105bhp as standard (toyota claim 108), as these engine can gain anything up to like 20bhp from simple breathing mods