Argylefan1985 Progress Thread 1996 Glanza V

Right then well i havnt actually posted any pictures of my cars etc or anything on here so... well yeah ive got 3 years pritty much to update you all on as thats how long ive had my glanza.

First off ill start with how i came about buying my glanza...

Well..... I had a saxo vtr that i loved to peices!!! So much so i wrapped it round a tree on a lovely road locally. Ill show you some of the pics before and after lol I miss it like mad!!! and im not ashamed to admit it lol

100_1517.jpg

100_1519.jpg

100_1454.jpg

9.jpg

7.jpg

10.jpg

2.jpg

So yeah thats what i did to her :( Anyway every cloud has a silver lining and all that rubbish lol.

For a few weeks i had my heart set on another saxo but a vts. I would then jus put most of my aftermarket parts onto that. But in the end deicded to get somthing a bit different.

There was only 1 other glanza around localy at the time which was my mate petes i didnt like it originaly but soon fell in love with it when i went out in it haha. So yeah me and him set about finding me a glanza.

Looked around for a couple weeks and eventually found this.

glanza.jpg

glanza2.jpg

So went to the import place i got it from he wanted 5900, I put 5000 cash on his desk and said Ill take it now if ull take that.

(i know 5k for a glanza sounds alot now but this was 3 years ago now when they were worth a bit more lol)

He tryed hagling back up i said fine forget it and he accepted lol.

Got the car home that evening and straight away started ordering parts.

Spec of the car when i bought it

• TRD LSD Gearbox
  • Fujitsubo legalis r exhaust
  • TRD Shocks with RS*R Springs
  • TRD Short shifter
  • 3 Point rear boot brace
  • Some weird enkie 14" alloys
  • HKS Mushroom filter
  • Blitz BOV

Think thats about it... Anyway so yeah first evening i had it went home and ordered

• Autobahn Front mount
  • Japspeed Decat
  • Alarm
  • Apexi SAFC
  • HKS FCD
  • Apexi AVCR
  • Cobra Clubman Buckets

So yeah fitted all of that except the safc and fcd pritty much straight away.

So car looked like this for a while

Glanza017.jpg

Glanza003.jpg

Image019.jpg

Got it rolling roaded running 0.75 boost with only the front mount added to what i bought it with and it made 154.2 i was quite pleased

rr154.jpg

Soon decided the wheels had to go so went for some rota grids. So the car then looked like this for a while.

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

Then decided i prefered the 98spec front end so got a splitter and bumper etc

Image000.jpg

Image009-1.jpg

Image010-1.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

Anyway After not being overly clever and hitting fuel cut etc a few times and running a bit over the boost i should have been.... generaly being a bit of a fool :( My engine decided to melt a 3rd piston... :D

So the head came off new pistons went back in etc rebuilt engine YAY!!.....

iphonepics051.jpg

or not........ My mechanic ( very good mate of mine so i wasnt mad )put two of the headbolts in the wrong way round one of the shorter ones and longer ones lol. So after 3 days the headgasket naturaly went. so..... out came the engine and fully stripped and rebuilt head and bottom end the whole lot in peices.

Block got skimmed head got skimmed ported and polished etc the lot.

Here are some pictures of the engine feeling sorry for its self lol.

iphonepics040.jpg

iphonepics023.jpg

iphonepics002.jpg

While the car was off the road for about 4months while work was being done odd weekend etc when me and my mate could be assed basically. I decided to go and buy another mates old crx off him. it had loads of uprated parts went really well jus looked like a nail.

So i drove that round for a few weeks.

iphonepics095.jpg

iphonepics119.jpg

iphonepics169.jpg

Then my glanza was rebuilt and back together fitted a zisco manifold too i forgot to mention lol

And heres how she stands how

iphonepics099.jpg

Few more updates since then that i should mention.

Bucket seats are gone and replaced with RS TURBO Recaros.. SOOOO COMFY and my bonet has been sprayed black as i was going to go carbon fiber could make my mind up if id like it..... ive now deicded i dont like it so will be going silver when front end gets resprayed in time for summer :D:D

Thank you for looking and let me know what you think... And not just of the glanza lol

Mate the saxo looked much better after you ruined that front end :(

In all seriousness I LOVE your Glanza looks mint!!

Some nice bits aswell :D

LOL @ the car park shot, who was the one doing donuts then :D

Looks good mate.

Great work

Craig

Thanks mate

Love the Glanza, I think I've seen vids of it on youtube, sounds nice. :D

I own a CRX aswell, how would you compare the CRX to the Glanza?

And I fucking hate Saxos. :(

Comparing the two... id pick the glanza hands down i honestly would. Litrally the only thing i loved the crx for was the sound. it was quick but not that amazingly quick and had different inlet manifold cams filter manifold exhaust. etc. So yeah in all honesty id pick the glanza every time. i do miss the crx and wish i had kept it too its a fun car but just all round if i had to have 1 itd be the glanza every time even if the crx was in mint condition

nice post mate, so what boost is it running now?

Will b 1bar going in for setting up asap

Mate the saxo looked much better after you ruined that front end :(

In all seriousness I LOVE your Glanza looks mint!!

Some nice bits aswell :D

LOL @ the car park shot, who was the one doing donuts then :D

couple mates MR2, Skyline GTST , Evo 6, Scooby STI, RX7 mk1

nice looking v, saxo went to a better place....... the scrappy haha,

I've seen your vids on youtube, doing burnouts etc :)

ahaha utube fame lol. Yeah get bored nothing to do in the summer evenings down here but arse about in ya motor lol. There are other clips ive got on my phone etc ill bang um up one day.

Future plans for her really are.... errr.... Front end resprayed before summer dont like having stone chipped front end.

New set of front fogs. errr... dunno what else really... ive got my rs turbo recaros in now ill get some pics of that up soon.

Whiteline anti roll bars etc really thats all i want to do for now is try and get it to handle better. I have a td05 sat in my garage but ill probably not get round to that this year i doubt.