Changin Steering Wheel

Hi again

I really have to start a thread about my ep. Anyway, I am thinking of changing my steering wheel. I don't really like teh after market ones as I think they don't give that OEM feel. Is it possible to fit yaris sport steering wheels (or from other toyota models). If it is possible does one have to make modifications or is it simply a straight swap? My car is a 1998 Ep91 n/a without airbag.

Get a V steering wheel. They feel a lot better then n/a ones imo.

The Glanza steering is not really the one I would want to go for. Most starlets here were imported (2nd hand) from Japan and for some reason or another have very similar ones. Mine is different (similar to the pic in link below - pic off google).

LINK

I have driven EP91's with both the 4 spoke and later 3 spoke steering wheels, and the early EP91 4 spoke steering wheel feels alot better. I'd suggest going for one of those if you can't get one off a different model, but all Toyota steering wheels look very very similar (either 3 or 4 spoke, for example the Previa steering wheel is just a larger version of the Starlet 4 spoke, even the Supra has the simple 3 spoke design).

Oh and the EP82 GT wheels feel "thinner" than EP91 wheels.

I have driven EP91's with both the 4 spoke and later 3 spoke steering wheels, and the early EP91 4 spoke steering wheel feels alot better. I'd suggest going for one of those if you can't get one off a different model, but all Toyota steering wheels look very very similar (either 3 or 4 spoke, for example the Previa steering wheel is just a larger version of the Starlet 4 spoke, even the Supra has the simple 3 spoke design).

Oh and the EP82 GT wheels feel "thinner" than EP91 wheels.

Mine is a 2 spoke wheel ....will get a pic up in 5mins

• 2 weeks later...