Meisterr Zeta R Review

Firstly............ WHAT A DIFFERENCE! :D:D

I fitted my Meister R Zeta R Coilovers yesterday in a swap for my TRD colilovers I had on the V before and the difference is amazing.

I will say that I LOVED the TRD's ability to go round any corner at virtually any speed and not give way but for the potholed roads roads of east Yorkshire they were just too hard so a while back I bought the Meisters and just haven't got around to fitting them until yesterday due to working stupid hours at work. :D

So yesterday I decided to get them fitted despite the snow and freezing temperatures.

It took longer than I thought because I had to make a couple of modifications to the bracket that holds the brake line.

On my 96 V the hole on the holder seemed to be in the wrong place (just at the wrong angle) but I soon sorted that!

Other than that and having to stop for regular coffee's to keep warm (and pee because of the amount of coffee i'd consumed!) they went on no problems.

I've pretty much got the fronts sorted height and damper wise now so just need to adjust the back and camber on the fronts but the ride quality is brilliant.

My wife will now happily come in my car as it handles the bumpy back roads just like her Ibiza but has a whole lot more extra grip if you push it!

For the price I would highly recommend the Meister Coilovers as I think they are a bargain for the quality.

Now I just have to get my TD Ultimate Brake Kit fitted as well as the Cusco Strutbrace, Recaro front seats, Sparco Harnesses and decide what colour i'm going to spray my Speedlines! :thumbsup::)

Happy times :D

Steve

good we review mate, yea they are a decent coily, i could not sing them enough praise neather.

finaly a decent coilover for rough roads tailored to the starlet

im surpised you had them that long before fitting.

good we review mate, yea they are a decent coily, i could not sing them enough praise neather.

finaly a decent coilover for rough roads tailored to the starlet

im surpised you had them that long before fitting.

No probs Enzo.

I did say i'd do you a review :) altho it was that cold I forgot to take pics of the fitting :D

Been working 6 or 7 day weeks at work and doing some silly shifts (like starting at 4 or 5am!) so its been mental but finally got my finger out LOL! :thumbsup:

Have promised myself that I will keep this up and get the rest of the stuff fitted soon too as I keep falling over all the boxed in the back bedroom!!

Steve

sweet mate, im in north yorkshire, and gota agree the roads wont take hard coilovers, i had em on my colt and it was slower round corners than with standrad shocks and lowering springs, it just used to skip over the bumps with the coilies.

pics plz......

Will get Pics this weekend coming mate as I have that off too! WOOP WOOP!! :thumbsup:

The roads are shhocking round me!

Steve

That's a pretty comprehensive review, thanks! :thumbsup:

If I had a Turbo I'd buy 'em :D

You dont need a turbo to buy coilys, I had D2's on my n/a :D

If you cant make it go fast just make it go round corners, I could keep the n/a pretty much planted round any bend and even faster cars struggle to keep up :D

Might have to get some Meister R's in the summer :)

I really want some of these, they sound perfect for what I'd want them for. How did you find them handling-wise in comparison to your TRD ones?

I think I need to have a look and see how much I could get for my Tein's!

I really want some of these, they sound perfect for what I'd want them for. How did you find them handling-wise in comparison to your TRD ones?

Check your FaceBook chat :thumbsup:

Well i've got them on a mid setting damper wise at the mo and they do pretty well.

I've adjusted the front pretty low and have firmed it up 3/4 clicks and the front end tucks in to pretty much any corner really well.

Not gone for a proper blast yet as I have got the back set too high for my liking but ran out of light whilst adjusting the front so left the back as it was.

Once i've lowered the back down to the height I want then I will give it a good blast and tweek the dampers to my liking.

Once I have it set i'll be more than happy to post my settings height, camber and damper wise so that others can mimic the settings as a base then adjust to their own liking.

The TRDs for sale then mate? ;)

Possibly...

Not decided what to do with them yet. May keep them for if I do serious track work (or just as spares lol) as I don't think the Meisters could match them on a smooth track! It would probs be close!

I'm definitely buying some of these begining of march! Do they adjust up Firm though for if i go on a track ??

Will tell you when I get the settings sorted for day to day use :harhar:

Steve

You dont need a turbo to buy coilys, I had D2's on my n/a ;)

If you cant make it go fast just make it go round corners, I could keep the n/a pretty much planted round any bend and even faster cars struggle to keep up ;)

Might have to get some Meister R's in the summer ;)

Yeah what I meant is I'm just trying to keep my N/A build as cheap as I can, I wouldn't feel guilty spending big bucks on a GT/Glanza lol

I might see what happens in the future when I've sorted my bodywork etc, might go for it if I have the cash :harhar:

This is a stupid question, but what difference would coil-overs make on my car (bearing in mind I wouldn't use it on track). I currently have Front & Rear strut braces, Anti-Lift Kit, Rear ARB..

It makes an amzing difference I havent had a AL kit or ARB, I hear these make good improvements but I cant see them making as much of a difference as well setup coilovers.

Plus if you bought them you could always swap them onto a GT/Glanza :harhar:

As above really.

Well set up coils will complete the rest of the handling mods you have already fitted and you can easily take them off and put them on a turbo WHEN you get one :harhar:

Then you can be a step ahead ;) Just remember to save your old suspension for when you sell on your n/a.

Go on do it - Especially as the offer thats on them at the mo is a stonking one

WELL worth the notes in my opinion.

Got mine from Enzo and they came really quickly and he's a top chap to deal with

Steve