Air Filter Problem

Removed the air filter box & some pipes

Fitted a cone filter & chrome pipe

would i need to fit the sensor into the pipe ?

On the original pipe the sensor was on the outside of the pipe !

at the top left bit.

ABCD0016-1.jpg

Since i fitted my cone filter the car's drinking fuel like theres no tomorrow.

at a guess with the sensor pushed aside the air intake is not working as it should be.

Removed the air filter box & some pipes

Fitted a cone filter & chrome pipe

would i need to fit the sensor into the pipe ?

On the original pipe the sensor was on the outside of the pipe !

at the top left bit.

ABCD0016-1.jpg

Since i fitted my cone filter the car's drinking fuel like theres no tomorrow.

at a guess with the sensor pushed aside the air intake is not working as it should be.

It'll be the air temp sensor sending an improper reading, you need to find some way of incorporating it into your intake pipe,

Damien

I've just relocated my air filter to behind the grill, so my 'sensor' is just in around the engine bay also! After seeing this thread i did a little search and most of the chaps on here have tucked there's up in the engine bay saying it doesn't do anything anyway! So i'm just going to make sure mines tucked up nicely not in the way and leave it.

So stick the kettle back on and save your self some time mate, Fitting that to an alloy pipe is going to be a pain in your arse! =]

I've just relocated my air filter to behind the grill, so my 'sensor' is just in around the engine bay also! After seeing this thread i did a little search and most of the chaps on here have tucked there's up in the engine bay saying it doesn't do anything anyway! So i'm just going to make sure mines tucked up nicely not in the way and leave it.

So stick the kettle back on and save your self some time mate, Fitting that to an alloy pipe is going to be a pain in your arse! =]

Cheers mate

Still drinking the last one. :thumbsup:

its not that difficult, just as long as youve got a drill and a fairly thick drill bit its a piece of cake :thumbsup:

Could do with a coffee... mmm..

coffee is disgusting by the way :)

That sensor, is not a sensor! its a perge valve for the charcoal filter which basicly stops the fumes from the fuel tank going to atmosfear its not important and it wont make you use more fuel. I binned my charcoal filter as it wasnt working. Basicly causing a vacuum in my fuel tank, when i went to open the filler cap loads of air sucked in!

dont leave the pipes disconnected in the engine bay block them off or plug the valve back in, if you leave it disconected it will cause problems

So which part do i need to put into the pipe ?

ABCD0019-1.jpg

That sensor, is not a sensor! its a perge valve for the charcoal filter which basicly stops the fumes from the fuel tank going to atmosfear its not important and it wont make you use more fuel. I binned my charcoal filter as it wasnt working. Basicly causing a vacuum in my fuel tank, when i went to open the filler cap loads of air sucked in!

what exactly does it mean when air is sucked in when you take filler cap off because mine started doing it and dont know what to do

it means the purge valve isnt working or the charcoal filter is blocked its a black plastic cylinder onthe bulk head on the passengers side under the bonnet about the size of a tin of beans just disconnect the bigger pipe that comes from under the car as there are two and it will stop vacuuming.

it means the purge valve isnt working or the charcoal filter is blocked its a black plastic cylinder onthe bulk head on the passengers side under the bonnet about the size of a tin of beans just disconnect the bigger pipe that comes from under the car as there are two and it will stop vacuuming.

When you disconnect it Do you block of the pipe ?

the purge valve is there to open the charcoal filter to suck the vapore into the inlet and to get burn so it not released into the air if your tank sucks in air when you open it it means it not venting something is wrong the only way the air is suposed to vent is through that filter so its got to be the valve is faulty or the filter is blocked.