Is There Anything Else I Need?

at the moment my V has

air filter relocated to front bumper

manifold

decat

full system

hdi front mount intercooler

bov

going to get it remapped in the near future,looking to go about 1.1 bar on standard ct9 is there anything else i will need? about to order

magnecore leads

new spark plugs

fuel pump

hks actuator

blue emanage + harnesss

uprated clutch

please help me out

thanks in advance

Duncan

isnt the hks actuator able to turn up the boost for u? dont see much need for boost controller then

yes it is but then your stuck at what ever its set at all the time its alway nice to have a hi lo system

but an ebc does aid spool time and helps with keeping a stable boost curve, and the obvious advantage of being able to tweak boost levels in the cabin of the car without burning you hands on a hot manifold lol.

but yeah as stated it isn't essential. depends how much you want to spend or whether your on a budget.

Would really need anything more than that. Take it you got a boost gauge?

But a LSD and EBC would help :harhar:

Oh and you wouldnt need a pump.

yeah, got a blitz gauge, i've heard standard pumps can run upto 250bhp? and im not planning on going that high, but just making sure i get stuff right, and safe!!

Guest cheshireglanza
would it be safe to run 1.1 bar on a non forged engine and a ct9??? just heard of people having problems running 1bar and above

xxx

dave ashton running his on one 1 bar with no issue

Guest ep82_girl
dave ashton running his on one 1 bar with no issue

ahhh coolies :harhar: sorry if i get this wrong sparky but didnt you crack a piston running 1bar though??? just heard of people having problems that all

xx

would it be safe to run 1.1 bar on a non forged engine and a ct9??? just heard of people having problems running 1bar and above

xxx

i havent heard of any problems, much more boost on a ct9 and you may aswell go for a new tubby and forging, as far as im aware, with supporting mods 1 bar is a safe enough mark on the ct9, feel free too enlighten me though! anybodies experiences? troubles?

cheers for advice!

Duncan

A CT9 doesnt need any more aid in spool times!, its small enough to have a bar around 2.5k.

Thats what mine used to to before i went TD04.

indeed, already spools like a mother with re-locater kit

I only realy used my ebc to control the creep and help keep a stable boost curve without the power dying off towards the higher revs... helped more with my hybrid then the ct9 though lol.

sparky fucked a piston down to a bad map i belive, a stock (unforged) engine shouldnt have any problems with 1bar.

Jo i told you, you need more boost! :harhar:... think you should run 1bar ;)... it's fun!

Guest ep82_girl
I only realy used my ebc to control the creep and help keep a stable boost curve without the power dying off towards the higher revs... helped more with my hybrid then the ct9 though lol.

sparky fucked a piston down to a bad map i belive, a stock (unforged) engine shouldnt have any problems with 1bar.

Jo i told you, you need more boost! :harhar: ... think you should run 1bar ;) ... it's fun!

ah was it. sorry sparky my mistake!!!!!

hahaha na its ok hunni oky likes her 0.6 bar ;) lol

xxxx

When you say you are going to get it remapped soon does that mean that you are running aftermarket managemant?

You do know that you cant remap the standard ECU dont you?

Steve

yeah, looking to get emanage blue, im about to purchase a few things with this months pay

Never had a problem with creep, i restricted the exhaust a tad,still made the same power.

I have a dyno plot of mine somewhere, it held a bar until 6500 rpm, and that was only the HKS actuator controlling anything.

Boost curve? A CT9 boost curve looks like a brick wall when it comes in :lol:

it does a bit :lol: wished mine was that stable on just the HKS actuator, i guess they all differ slightly. my old glanza seemed to be cursed with boost creep no matter what i did... oh well dont get that now with a ct20b and 2litres lol.