These are my final moments,

and I'm so unprepared.

I wish that you could hold me Mum,

as I lie here and die.

I wish that I could say I love you, Mum

So I love you and good-bye

Very nice, did you write this up?

Sends shivers down the spine for some reason, maybe it's too cold at college

No, its pretty old, and while it surely conveys its image, I hardly think a hit and run victim would have the time to write a poem in their dying breaths...it cheapens it for me and makes a cheap use shock for impact. I know its very insensitive, but if you want to educate people, educate them with fact, consequences, not a made-up story designed to move you emotionally - it has to move you MENTALLY

There was a video compilation posted on here or on TGTT of a multitude of Drink Drive Ad Campaigns....wow....some really were hard to digest, but if those didn't alter your perspective...

Guest ep82_girl

that is well upsetting. lost a good mate do to a drunk driver 2 years ago. he was doing an extra job as a pizza delivery guy on a scooter (the evo cost way to much in fuel) to make extra money for him, his gf and there baby which was due.

a drunk driver in a range rover coming down a one way street the wrong way hit my mate and he stood no chance on a scooter :( when the police got there and opened the drunk drivers door he fell out he was so drunk!!!!

my mate never got to see his baby boy all cause of one guy who thought he could drink and drive safely :(

xxxx

Heard it before and think it's pretty touching.

Surely to touch you mentally it's got to go through your emotional inner feelings. I think this portrays quite a touching image which I'm sure builds up in their heads. I think with the poem it's quite easy to build up a picture in your head, yes it's hard for words to mentally move you opposed to real images, footages or clips but surely it's a way forward for the youth.

Luckily i'm not an alcohol consumer therefore it isn't really aimed at me, but for one second don't think I can't die from some prat being under the influence. This is a sorry world we live in and let's not make it any worse. I think this is a winner for me, something perhaps kids should read at school to send the same shiver through their spines.

my mate never drinks now, hes 20 but few years ago him and his best mate he'd known since he was young, and both there birds went out on the piss, (walking) just as young people do, walking down a path at the end of the night, my mate and his bird were walking together and his best mate and his bird were walking about 100 yards down the road.

This car comes flying past my mate swerving going way too fast, (chavs) lost it mounted kerb and hit the guy and his bird, killed them both.

I wasnt there but he said to me that you'd never believe the state his body was in, the driver was drunk and knocked out inside his car, my mate were so angry and scared he just screamed, cause in seconds after such a good night he lost the best mate he'd ever had, he said he feels ashamed but he got the driver out and smashed his head in and his girlfriend had to stop him because he wud have probably killed the guy!!

the passenger must hav been lighting up aswell because he'd burnt all his face.

So my mate never drinks at all!!!

i feel sorry for him because wen we go out he just drinks water.

Its really not cool, you may feel like it but its because your pissed your a fool wen u sober up!!!! or in this case u might never sober up!!!!

THINK peeps....

Thats well bad, I think i would have the same reaction to go smash the driver up abit,

My brother in laws boss got absolutely smashed once and had a Argument with his wife, He walked on in a stress as he was drunk it obviously seemed much worse then the argument actually was, He went and hung himself and was found next morning, By someone walking there dog! Another reason why drink is bad,

I think they should do stuff to Drinking like they have done to Smoking, As apparently drinking related problems Cost the tax payer alot more then Smokers do BUT The government only seem to do stuff about smokers, Stopping them from smoking inside, Stopping them from smoking in work vehicle's, At-least when people smoke they don't Murder people from Drink driving driving ;)

Smokings just as bad in laodssss of ways. The first story though, 'most' people become shallow thoughtless people in life. It seems some kind of tragedy or bad experience is what creates decent people. Maybe that experience made your friend a better man, he saw there was more to life.