Hey guys anyone heard about the law that was supposed to have came into action today?

Apparently learner drivers now have to learn for 12 months minimum before they can sit a test!!!!

I hope this is a load of bollocks ;)

Hey guys anyone heard about the law that was supposed to have came into action today?

Apparently learner drivers now have to learn for 12 months minimum before they can sit a test!!!!

I hope this is a load of bollocks ;)

i definatly hope its real. Fair enough you can get SOME sensible drivers, but 9 out of 10 of drivers who jus pass their test think they are on a race track. In northern ireland we have a sticker the same as an L sticker that must be put onto the front and rear windows, for one year after passing the test. I i would also approve of the age being raised to 18 untill you can drive.

Let the backlash commence

well i agree to some extent, but i was learnt and passed in 3 months, admittedly only after passing your test is when you actually learn to drive (because you're being taught to pass a test, not to actually drive so to speak) hence why most accidents happen very shortly after passing the tests.

its a good concept but not really practical in some instances, but i agree that more road experience should be enforced (none of this stupid bloody 'crash course' waste of shite, how are people supposed to gain road experience that way?)

I have to agree with this and im a young driver. You see so many young drivers when they pass and get into there own car they cant control it properly in different weather. It may seem a bit hard but at the end of the day it can create better drivers.

In Germany you have to take a seperate training system after they pass before they are allowed to go on the motorway and its compulsary. I think that is a good idea to make it compulsary as you see so many people young and old who just dont know how to use the motorway.

Bourkey

I think that the idea behind the sugestion is good. But is it practicle but how would it be inforced would you have to have one lesson a week or month or what? i mean if you have to have a lesson a week for a year its gona cost you about £950 plus tests and if you fail what then???

im just glad i passed when i did ;)

I think you only really learn to drive after passing your test. You can't have someone telling you what to do forever.

It sounds like a good idea especially if you consier the amount of twats who pass their test and drive around like cunts all the time.

Its talk at the moment so dont get worried its becoming law anytime soon, that process takes a long time.

I think it's a great idea,sorry to those yet to pass their test,but everyone should have to drive in all seasons! It will make better drivers of those who have to do it. There is nothing worse than a nervous driver who shouldn't be behind the wheel,or a cocky 17yr old bloke who just passed their test wheelspinning away from a stop just because they can! Would you walk down a busy street with a loaded gun with the saftey off and finger on the trigger? Driving any car is the most dangerous thing many people do,but who thinks about crashing or hurting someone when they are driving? No-one,unless they have a brown pants moment when they or someone else is driving like a twat!! Maybe the american way of learning at school would be a good idea? ;)

It totally reasonable as it should be made more difficult for young drivers to get on the road as there is already too many, but its does make it unreasonable for the people who have to get their test to drive to work etc etc.

Its like a double edged sword!

If the new law does come into place, hopefully there will be a reasonable compromise.

The law Nordonian was talkign about, that you have to be a R driver which he didnt mention, it means the max speed u can do in a whole year is 45mph anywhere, so maybe that could be a good thing to introduce to the rest of the UK? I had to go thru it, who knows it cud make things a little safer, and make the learning experience safer once thay have got their tests! But after all, thats just a smalll factor, many other things should be considered...

Peace Out

Joz

Its ok for you guys to say i think its a good idea as you have passed your test and dont have to go through it.

A year is a bit much i think, i agree there are tossers on the road etc etc but what difference is a year of learning going to make? People are still gonna drive like twats, and when learning they arent obviously going to when they are with an instructor. S

Its ok for you guys to say i think its a good idea as you have passed your test and dont have to go through it.

A year is a bit much i think, i agree there are tossers on the road etc etc but what difference is a year of learning going to make? People are still gonna drive like twats, and when learning they arent obviously going to when they are with an instructor. So i think its a load of bolloks and shouldnt be inforced.

I agree on the idea of a harder more advanced driving course including skid control etc etc because at least when the twats pass then maybe they can control their car

The girlfriend is currently learning to drive, so she can get herself to work in the morning (uni-work placment) getting a lift half-way requires us to get up dead early so I can take her there (at which point I turn around, drive back to home, then the same again to my work)

The days she can't get lift we have to be at the train station at 6:10am, so she can get part way to catch a bus to get to work for 8:30, home trip, 2 bus's then a train before I pick her up at 6:10pm from the train station

1yr min learning? in the end she'd have a week of self-reliance we might as well not bother, not that we could afford a year of drving lessons

What would stop people having a lesson, waiting 10 months and then learning in 2 months, and no matter what if your gonna drive like a dick your gonna drive like a dick until your dead or banned

For the reference I drove with green P plates for a month or two until they got taken off and replaced with red L's as my sister was then learning to drive

You can't teach maturity