Benefits of front mount IC

As our Blitz FMIC is almost here...I'm gearing up to fit it to my other half's glanza but she doesn't want a bigger turbo/massive boost etc. So I'm thinking is there any point to fitting it? what will it do for the car from personal experience with them?

At some point the Glanza may be passed on to me but not for a while so tuning it up won't happen much more than the stage 1 spec it's at now.

I'll prob list it on Ebay if people think it's not worth it for no real bigger plans jsut yet.

Also if we stuck it on there and raised the boost, what's the best/safe amount to leave it at with no uprated fueling?

it will look awesome...we'll see lol

Also, what sort of price (as I can't find one) would a decent turbo like the IHI RHX6 cost (or similar) for the car? I'm thinking manifold, external gate, downpipe etc...don't seem to be many about over here ;)

That was quick Si...

105001Y that's already about 500 quid...plus shipping, import duty, tax...yahoo charges and the like...so what's the £473 for ;) Plus the reserve hasn't been met yet!

What are these kits worth new or used over here? anyone got one?

Cheers peeps and thanks Si.

Didn't mean to offend you! Just wondered if you had some secret special price on that item.

I'll find out the reserve on it and get my contact in japan to stick a bid in...you never know!

I was just wondering what a fair price for it would be? incase I decide to get it over here and end up paying over the odds as turbo kits can be a hit and miss affair, although the IHI items are pretty much awesome in every way.

A bit more info.

The turbo is good for 350+hp according to the advert...

IHI = Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries. I believe they are used by Apex-i. or used to be. Info on them is pretty limited ;) but I'm sure when I was looking at blowers for my MR2 I stumbled across them and they were highly rated, similar to the TD06 from Greddy..they're a true ballbearing turbo so should be pretty hard as nails too.

That external gate and screamer pipe will sound awesome if my 2 is anything to go by.

you do know that the rhx6 is absoluely massive for the 4e? you'd prob get full boost at about 6000rpm, then run out of revs long before the turbo's run out of puff....

VTRick has a TD06 kit which he sourced from the auctions, but even thats gonna be a laggy bitch, the rhx6 jobbies are a step up again, basically a completely insane barely usable turbo, which would blow a standard engine to pieces, all good fun eh ;)

Thats prob why the td04's are so popular, they make good power but are still rather usable lower down the power band as they arent too large.

question...

ive always wanted to know what the engine temperatures go like when a fmic is fitted, is it a big restriction on the rad and air con rad?

are there kits available that you dont have to sacrefice your a/c for?

problem with the fmic kits is that they will create a very slight lag, because the charge has further to travel along the pipes..

however, it wont bog down due to heat soak in the summer months.

cooler denser charge is allways better..

for the price of an ARC topmount your better off going for a fmic if your ever plannin on tuning it, or raising the boost above .8/.9 bar..

plus they do look stunning behind the bumper ;)

you will lose very slight amount of standard boost fitting a fmic, but a boost controller to raise it back to just under fuel cut point and its spot on.

i went for a fmic because im running my ct9 till it dies, then ill get a hyrbid ct9..