Clutch/brake Problem

Basically when i went lakeside last night i kept smelling clutch when pulling away from roundabouts and junctions but had Zero clutch slip (i was only pulling away from them casually) also when going into reverse i would have the clutch flat to the floor but it was still crunching going into gear, but going into 1st,2nd ect the biting point was half way up the pedal travel,

I've also noticed that when i use the brake alot or come of motorways and slow down gently by staying on the brake for a longish time the brake's are not to good either,

I'm not sure if the clutch is shagged or the Fluid just needs changing and needs the system bled through, I haven't looked but im guessing they have Hydraulic clutch's ???

Don't know if anyone has had same kind of problems at all but any Advice will help :)

I think all glanza/GT's have a problem going into reverse i think its because they dont have a syncro in reverse something like that anyway lol

I've found if i put the cluch down and try and going into reverse it wont let me but if i pump the cluch twice then it will go in :) and also they are Hydraulic

im not sure if its related but when i got my clutch replaced my brakes have become a lot worse, i seem to have to be pressing the brake pedal a lot more, and it was serviced and MOT'ed in december so there shouldn't be any problems. everything was done at a Toyota garage aswell

maybe theres some sort of connection between the brakes and the clutch

when you select reverse make sure you are completely stopped and not rolling backwards, also make sure your car is on idle, if you still have problems selecting reverse i.e. crunching then you have probably chipped reverse gear, and your other gear problems have you checked your gearbox oil level? drain the oil and use a magnet to see if there is any shrapnel in there! or you have just worn your clutch fully out and the smell is because the clutch is fighting to keep friction! hope this rambling helps!

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah we would recommend a brake strip down, check everything is free and in good condition then we would recommend you do a brake fluid change as 8/10 times you will find that the brake fluid is old and dirty and not up for the job :lol:

If you need any further advice just drop us a call or message.

Kind Regards,

Nick Jones

Tuning Developments LTD

Workshop Landline - 01925 822266

TuningDevelopments@Hotmail.com

www.TuningDevelopments.co.uk