Silly Question

Hi guys,

this is a strange thing maybe, but since i bought the car the interior light isn't working.

Changed the bulb but still no light. bought a ledthingy a while ago and fitted that, to my suprise it worked but was giving only a TINY bit of light.

suddenly last week late in the night i opened the cardoor and is was really bright!!(no not drunk) checked it out and it was the interior light indeed. worked like a charm for a couple of days and then suddenly now its back to the dull light again.

it must be a lose wire or something, anybody had the same experience or could point out some wires i should check?

i don't think the fuse has blown as a ledlight works, prob a normal bulb doesn't work cause there is not enough electricity running through it.

any ideas/tips?

the door swich sticks if its only just sticking the led might come on dim worth a try if its not that which mine was theres a box under the dash which controls the light also is somthing to so with the beeper when the key is in ign and the door is open if you put you key in the ign and open door and it dont beep id say swicth

• 2 weeks later...

I did all that, and my bulb never worked. What sorted it was re punching the rivits on the plastic bit and it worked as I buzzed it and got voltage on the connector itself so it was the bulb holder itself.

If you buzz the plug that goes to the light bit in the roof will give you an idea if it's the bulb holding bit itself or the switch. Although I had to wd the door switches as well as they where filthy as well.