• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All Dane here,

Ok firstly just wanted to say that i have a reputation and spent a very long time building that rep. I bought the turbo off Dave with the intention to put it on my car. Needless to say i never got round to it because i closed the shop and had way to many other things going on.

The simple fact is i just opened the box to view the turbo thats it, i never went to any other effort with this turbo whatsoever.

The turbo was sold as seen now it has never been my intention to ever sell anything that is dodgey or try to rip anyone off. The point and problem i have Jay is the fact you had the turbo for such a long time if you had come to me 1 week after it was bought and said hey listen this turbo is not right and i need your help to sort it out then i ''might'' have been in a position to help.

It has been well over 4 months since you bought the turbo. Look at it from my point of view too, i dont know you and i will never judge anyone BUT the item was sold as seen and every intention was there of an honest sale i dont sell items that are faulty or delibrately try to do someone out of money.

hi Dane, well Jay never said he had it for 4 months, it sounded as though he had only just got it from you.

As i said previously, i didnt think you were that way inclined, i can see were you are coming from with regards to only viewing it and not fitting it.

The turbo has been in the hands of 2 very good guys, but unfortunatly Jay has a broken turbo.

What happened to it for 4 months jay? and why did you send it off in the first place?

cheers

Just to jump in, mechanics do often talk shit. I read all this, Dan Evans seems to have provided a good offer. Providing it's not fixed, which I doubt. See how it goes after that. If it's sold as seen you have to take more responsibility, although this doesn't mean it's always the right way as you can't see it and understand it all. There is really no proof for any party. If Dave sold it beforehand to him, I beleive Dave to be out of the runnings and it's really between the seller and the buyer.

hi Dane, well Jay never said he had it for 4 months, it sounded as though he had only just got it from you.

As i said previously, i didnt think you were that way inclined, i can see were you are coming from with regards to only viewing it and not fitting it.

The turbo has been in the hands of 2 very good guys, but unfortunatly Jay has a broken turbo.

What happened to it for 4 months jay? and why did you send it off in the first place?

cheers

its been sat in a workshop for the whole time, now really cant see anypoint in sending it off to anyone else because it wont resolve anything i will still be out of pocket, but i have learnt my lesson from buying second hand parts off forums now, and i know if i ever sell a turbo on here i am gonna get it checked first and get a report done on it so the buyer knows what wrong with it.

Jay, you wont be out of pocket to get checked mate, you can send it to me, and il get it checked over.

Unfortunatly it sounds asthough either you broke it, or theres nothing wrong with it??

I dont see what the problem with you sending it to me to get looked at, its going to cost you about £13 to send it to me.

When you sent it to UNI Turbo, did you get the report? if so whats the report number?

cheers

its been sat in a workshop for the whole time, now really cant see anypoint in sending it off to anyone else because it wont resolve anything i will still be out of pocket, but i have learnt my lesson from buying second hand parts off forums now, and i know if i ever sell a turbo on here i am gonna get it checked first and get a report done on it so the buyer knows what wrong with it.

Hey Jay,

I do genuinely feel gutted for you becasue i honestly never done anything with this turbo just opened to view it.

The reasoning behind me also not fitting it was because i had just spent 1000 on a manifold and downpipe on my old custom turbo that i had made, i was in a rush and wanted more power so bought the turbo from Dave. It sat in my room untill such time i thought that it would be easier for me to buy a bigger exhaust housing for my exisiting turbo and this way it would not cost me loads to get another manifold and downpipe made etc to suit Daves turbo. I then came to the decision to sell it and buy the exhaust housing.

So thats what i did, in fact i still have my brand new exhaust housing for my current custom turbo that i had built originally, just not had time to fit it because i have been so busy.

Jay, you wont be out of pocket to get checked mate, you can send it to me, and il get it checked over.

Unfortunatly it sounds asthough either you broke it, or theres nothing wrong with it??

I dont see what the problem with you sending it to me to get looked at, its going to cost you about £13 to send it to me.

When you sent it to UNI Turbo, did you get the report? if so whats the report number?

cheers

i never broke it mate because i never used you cant score the bearings and damage the seals by leaving it sitting for 4months. uni turbos rang the garage and explained the damage to them, so i have asked them to sent a written report back with the turbo.

Hey Jay,

I do genuinely feel gutted for you becasue i honestly never done anything with this turbo just opened to view it.

The reasoning behind me also not fitting it was because i had just spent 1000 on a manifold and downpipe on my old custom turbo that i had made, i was in a rush and wanted more power so bought the turbo from Dave. It sat in my room untill such time i thought that it would be easier for me to buy a bigger exhaust housing for my exisiting turbo and this way it would not cost me loads to get another manifold and downpipe made etc to suit Daves turbo. I then came to the decision to sell it and buy the exhaust housing.

So thats what i did, in fact i still have my brand new exhaust housing for my current custom turbo that i had built originally, just not had time to fit it because i have been so busy.

cheers dane i dont think it was anyones intension to sell a faulty turbo like you said you have your reps on the line just wanna know how it got damaged???

ok well i personally dont trust UNI Turbo's... at all!

If it is this bad of damage mate, i suggest you DO send it to me to get re-checked, because someone has done something with it.

If you dont want to send me the turbo, or get 3 reports, from 3 different companys, then can a MOD close this thread.

cheers

ok well i personally dont trust UNI Turbo's... at all!

If it is this bad of damage mate, i suggest you DO send it to me to get re-checked, because someone has done something with it.

If you dont want to send me the turbo, or get 3 reports, from 3 different companys, then can a MOD close this thread.

cheers

i can give to unipart basingstoke if i want to send it off mate they proberly deal with the same companys

and uni part will charge you for them sending it off and getting it tested, after all mate you have lost enough money as you said.

already spoke to them and they said it would be about £10 to send it to btn turbos i think its called

cheers anyway fella

I mentioned this to Dane as I thought it would be fair to get his side of the story.

That very kind of Dan to offer getting the turbo checked for you I would go for that mate rather than go with UNI who could be fucking you over.