Getting 60 In Second On Uk Spec Starlet Na

I've got a starlet here that I'm workin on it's a uk spec soirtif I think

it's a p plate and it does 60 in second. . .

It feels torqeyer and is quicker than my sr.

But doesent have a rev counter

It's got the gen 2 4efe intake and smaller tb

so how is it getting 60 in second (my sr before raising the limiter only got 50ish at best.)

Does anyone have the part number to their na ecu to hand?

I'm leaning towards a different box. But does anyone know where the code is on the box?

Sorry for all the questions but IRS puzzling me. I'm sort of fixated on. Getting 60 in second on my sr and this starlet does it so would like to know how.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ asad il cross refrence the number when I leave this flat.

@ ste

every na ep i've had has only cracked 50ish in second

The ratios are the same as the turbo minus 1000ks of revs,50ish?

What year was your last na?

It's on stock wheels so I doubt the speedos out.

I'm only aware of one other c series box with longer ratios (yaris diesel )

My old Starlet was a 1997 I think, I had a rev gauge in mine and the limiter is at 6200rpm. Right on the limit it was doing 60mph.

Just as a reference if it helps at all: 3rd gear topped out at around 85-86, and 4th was 105-110.

On that note it must mean the na,s that hit 50 ish must have the lowere final drive of 4,3 like the ep95.

But then the 4efte hits 60 In second at 7200?

I wander what Dictaited what model got what box as the sr is a 99

i get about 30 in first just before limiter 60 in second between 85 90 in 3rd im never on moter ways or carrage ways to test 4th or 5th as most the roads in my area are short, mine is a 1997 sportif

That's pretty much what I got, 5th does over 120+ *cough* kilometers *cough* on a private road. :lol:

If someone made a really short ratio box for Starlets where they topped out at 100 like Minis then I'd imagine you could cut the 0-60 time right down.

That's pretty much what I got, 5th does over 120+ *cough* kilometers *cough* on a private road. :lol:

If someone made a really short ratio box for Starlets where they topped out at 100 like Minis then I'd imagine you could cut the 0-60 time right down.

doubt it, the box in your car would have been better since it reached 60 in second, a closer ratio box would only include another gear change before 60, thus slowing the 0-60 trap time down.

doubt it, the box in your car would have been better since it reached 60 in second, a closer ratio box would only include another gear change before 60, thus slowing the 0-60 trap time down.

Good point, maybe shorten 4th and 5th then, as 1st/2nd/3rd are really good but once it got up to 80 the rate of acelleration really drops off and past 95 it's snails pace. I rarely used 5th unless I was very low on fuel.

I've only ever pushed it in 2nd once when I was playing with a Civic lol :lol: I didn't look at the speedo but I'd have thought it was round about 60!

I've never really timed 0-60mph myself, with a Corolla inlet and decent air feed & tyres it should be round about 10 seconds I'd have thought? Perhaps less if it's stripped?

I'll have a go once my car is serviced soon :lol:

Amjad Yaar let me know soon yea

My friend might buy N/A but wants to get 60 under 10.6

Why 10.6?

Although I'm sure that's easily achievable with a Corolla manifold, good condition engine and a quick gear change.

Kilometres yeah?

Idrees

lol No, In MPH

2nd reply -

i dont know lol, but he wants something under 10.5 region lol "10.6" was a typo :S

so you can get under ten and a half seconds with corolla mani, yh? Let me pass this to him

It definitely felt a lot quicker than 10.5 last time I had a punt.

I'll let you know how it goes when I give her an oil change, probably by the end of next week as long as I get the parts from TMD by then! :lol:

ok ive just drove them both back to back, the sr definatly has a shorter ratio box in it, it gets the sane speeds in gear as the ep95 implying that the final drive is lower.

1st = 25

2nd = 50

3rd = 75

puzzled a wee bit by this. on both cars it says c154 on the vin plate.