Getting 60 In Second On Uk Spec Starlet Na

The auto box does have a longer ratio but I don't think it's that long I can't remember now but the final drive on the 6speed is bigger than the glanza box it revs really quickin first and second I'll have a look today to see what speeds I get in 1st, 2nd and 3rd I've got all the ratios from the glanza 5 corolla 6 and the glanza auto on my build thread if anyone needs em.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting Geo.

Your stock Glanza does 50mph in 1st and 90mph in second, erm... ok.

Idrees

It's not completely stock, the only after market mods it has is a HKS filter and a CT9 evreything else to my knowledge is bog standard even the exhaust lol

ok ive just drove them both back to back, the sr definatly has a shorter ratio box in it, it gets the sane speeds in gear as the ep95 implying that the final drive is lower.

1st = 25

2nd = 50

3rd = 75

puzzled a wee bit by this. on both cars it says c154 on the vin plate.

must of had a box at some point then

All our Sportif and SR do 60mph with 195.45.15 rims as per the SR

Paseo has same first 3 ratios as starlet with shorter final drive giving 25mph 55mph and 80mph with much more lift although starlet box suits powerband of the 4efe much better. 4 and 5th in paseo box are different to give same speeds as starlet along with the final drive.

a 4efe with a paseo box can crack 130mph due to 6500 rev limit opposed to paseo's 5500rpm in top gears

• 1 month later...

my wee sr used to do 56mph in 2nd, speedo 100% accurate as it was checkd.

god knows about otha gears because i didnt pay any attention apart from fifth i managed to squeeze 116mph out of it on a flat dual carriageway on a day with no wind resistance lol it was screaminly fuckin loud lmao

this is a intresting topic, i have a uk spec starlet s. mine can almost hit 60 in second. also the engine can quite happily truddle along doing 30 mph in 5th gear.

i love the starlets gear ratios, it capable of very nippy acceleration, yet has no problems at lower speeds in higher gears.

was able to pull away from my mate in a 316 bm of the line all the way till the end of 3rd gear wear he started to close the gap, which suprised me as i thought a 1.3 starlet vs 1.6 bm was no a chance.

mine is the starlet cd, hits 61 on the speedo but thats 3mph over according to the sat nav, it was right on the limiter aswell which is nasty, never take it past 5500rpm really

I wouldn't worry about it to be honest, 4EFE's can take as much abuse as you want to give them.

You can thrash the shit out of them all day long and they come back for more. You'd have to do something serious like run it with no oil to ruin one.

^^^^^ a mate had a starlet as a first car, had and accident where the car was completly wrote off, front end properly caved in, pissing coolent, ect ect. said turned the key, started first time. :thumbsup: