Whats Involved With Forging An Engine?

hey, having decided i love the glanza i think im gona look at forging it so its bulletproof, just wondered what i would need to buy to do the job. or if itd just be cheaper to get tm developments to it, id be wanting to replace everything, water pumps etc etc. but i cant find a definitive answer from searching.

the plan i had was to start and pic up the bits slowly now to spread out the cost and to have all the bits in say a year because im doing 10.000miles a year at mo, but ina year or so ill be living back near work so wouldnt be putting rediculous miles on the car.

basically thats it what ste said. answered your own question kinda say u want to replace everything :lol: so buy everything. will end up quite costly to chang everything tho. ov added some of it up because thats what i want to do and it will shock ya.

of course. If your going forged or a standard rebuild you want to replace everything you can. I mean 100% on waterpump,oil pump, headgasket, all the seals,gasket,cambelt. Its vital because you will be peed off it if 1 fails on your new engine!

Im doing one at the moment mate, heres the list...

Parts,

Wiesco 75mm pistons

Scat forged rods

Athena 1.4mm headgasket

ARP Main bolts

ARP headbolts

ADL waterpump

Toyota oil pump (maybe)

new gaskets and oil seals

ADL cam belt kit

New belts

Machine work;

Block to be re-bored to take 75mm pistons

Block honed

head skimmed

lighten standard flywheel

all chemically cleaned and re-painted.

Crank to be polished

later on,

Head will be fully ported and polished

valves re-seated

valve stem seals replaced

cleaned up.

Seems quite alot seeing as im selling the engine next year lol

74mm are standard size and traders sell the standard sizes mate, alot of people tend to go for 74.5mm, but i always go bigger :lol:

the expensive parts are;

pistons & rods

ARP bolts

headgasket.

The rest are cheapish

il spend around 1200 for bits and machine work, not a cheap thing to do, but its worth it for sure

sound, cheers guys, i might drop you a few pms from time to time if thats ok dan? ill keep my eye out for the bit son the cheap then. if i just went with the 74mm, would i just need the head skimmed or still go for the block honed? (which is?)lol.