lol Not a good way to treat your car hitting the limited in every gear... :D

I've only ever had the limiter in 4th gear at 110 but that was a top speed run and I was pushing it, best to get it into 5th whenever possible around 100 (it will go :D)... My top speed was 115 in 5th gear because I ran out of road, just entering a town, but Im sure it would have gone more...

Its all about your driving style too mate, everybodys different.

Well here's my tips from a standing start but with mods such as the mani and jap backbox, you lose momentum if accelerating back up after slowing down for say a car to turn sumwhere...

1st gear give it a little rev, then handbrake off, take it whatever u feel comfortable (none of that wheel spin bullshit), I've had it up to 20mph+ about 5k rpm, after all first gear is to get you moving really so no need to rev it so high. Throw her into 2nd, I usually take this to 40 mph, next throw her into 3rd, I take this to 70 mph, then 4th, she can go all the way to 110, but comfortable speed would be 80ish and now would be a good time to throw her into 5th. This is not even exceeding the rev limit, only about 5K rpm, u can go more but its not as beneficial...

Overtaking, the best I have found is to take 4th gear up to just over 50mph, then drop her into 3rd all the way to 70, then back up to 4th, a lovely little boost especially with the mani fitted and a kickass jap can.

This is with the proper suspension mods and intake mods and also a rev counter fitted, so if your on stock I dont think it would be a good idea as you wouldn't get the same effect especially without the mani. You can play the revs by ear but its no way as much fun as seeing what your actual rev reading is. I believe the safe rev limit is 5400rpm after that u lose power and maybe boom! But a nice rev to go up to is around 4krpm to keep within speed limits (70mph at 4th gear change). make sure you warm your engine up for a few mins before going into any high revving! :D

All this talk of RPM and K confusing you? Get a dedicated rev counter or SR cluster and u wont look back! I have a 10k Rev Counter & proud of it :D

RPM = Revs Per Minute

K = Thousand

I know your plans, so take it slowly and get the few important bits you need, I sent you the vid with tte spec and you can see how it went, using the same technique above. Take it with a pinch of salt tho, not everyone will agree with what I said above, but judging from my vids you have to agree Im not talking bs lol!

I take my n/a very seriously. I also mostly downshift just before a noticeable corner, most corners are ok to stay in the same gear, but if you want a more racey style, its better to downshift into 3rd, balance the throttle and then cain it round the corner and back up into 4th whenver you feel like (be careful if you have standard suspension as your car might slip out a bit) :D And of course if some corsa decides to race you, you must throw her into 3rd to get the speed up, then Im sure I dont have to tell u wat to do next lol! You might lose to an SRi tho, but dont worry they have higher BHP, the 1 litre 12v and 1.2 should be eaten for breakfast!!!

My technique is tried and tested above mate, cornering minumum speed is 70 and high speed cornering 95+. No body roll. Its all fun and games but play safe mate, you'll get the hang of it!

You do the maths... B)

Peace Out

Joz

sounds spot on to me joz. theres no better sound than 45mph in second with induction kit and jap can (wouldn't know about with mani). but 110 in 4th. il have to take your word for it as i never fancy taking it this far. tacho with shift light is cool. ive set mine at 3200rpm for it come on cuz its nice to see the light stay on for a while, while revs get up and engines screaming. hit rev limiter once in first when i needed to get out the way. this was about 25ish mph but didnt see revs as i was to busy looking at the driver behind to make sure he didnt hit me.

sounds spot on to me joz. theres no better sound than 45mph in second with induction kit and jap can (wouldn't know about with mani). but 110 in 4th. il have to take your word for it as i never fancy taking it this far. tacho with shift light is cool. ive set mine at 3200rpm for it come on cuz its nice to see the light stay on for a while, while revs get up and engines screaming. hit rev limiter once in first when i needed to get out the way. this was about 25ish mph but didnt see revs as i was to busy looking at the driver behind to make sure he didnt hit me.

I edited it a bit to accomodate your concerns mate :D

Im glad you liked my writeup.

Your missing out bigtime without the mani, I'll keep my eyes out for you...

Peace Out

Joz

p.s I won the filter :D I hope its all that lol :D

i found with the standard inlet mani 5k shifting was more than adiquate... anything after that was just noise.

with the rolla mani 5500 to 6k was good.

Speak of the devil, I hit the rev limiter for the first time in 1st this morning going over some gay speed bump!... :D Also hit a harsh pothole too, need to get my coilys checked out grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Not a nice feeling!

Peace Out

Joz

Im getting them checked after college. Hopefully nothing serious but I cant help being paranoid about it lol!

Car is rock solid, so a harsh pothole will feel really bad!!! The coilys dont even move when the car is pressed down on lol! :D

This is what happens when your in a rush! :D

Peace Out

Joz

Yea Joz not much movement which means the car takes the full impact and not the suspension. May have buckled a wheel if you arre lower profile than 50s

Im sure shes fine though........trust me :D

i was surprised, went in a car with gab coilovers on weekend joz and they were so comfy, i mean, standard suspension comfy, absorbed pot holes lovely.

but, it was a demon through the corners, still stayed so flat and stable, basically i never realised coilovers could be like that!

tanabe's are far harsher in any form i think, so it all depends really. i was surprised coilovers could be so relaxing though.

on the rev topic, i've never hit the rev limiter in mine, there's no need to.

you'll find power trails off at above around 5k anyway, there's no need to take it any higher (think the rev limit is now higher due to the ecu anyway, but not 100% sure on that).

i was surprised, went in a car with gab coilovers on weekend joz and they were so comfy, i mean, standard suspension comfy, absorbed pot holes lovely.

but, it was a demon through the corners, still stayed so flat and stable, basically i never realised coilovers could be like that!

tanabe's are far harsher in any form i think, so it all depends really. i was surprised coilovers could be so relaxing though.

on the rev topic, i've never hit the rev limiter in mine, there's no need to.

you'll find power trails off at above around 5k anyway, there's no need to take it any higher (think the rev limit is now higher due to the ecu anyway, but not 100% sure on that).

I hit the rev limiter thru frustration Harry lol, when your right foot feels like lead...

Also most Tanabes must be ultra hard, maybe thats their forte.

I would consider different coilovers next time, staying jdm of course, I wanted to be different with the Tanabes and dont regret getting them, they are not forgiving tho. JIC magics maybe or the GAB. I nearly got some Ohlins but they were mega priced, 5 time that of the tanabes in final auction price, they looked the mutts tho...

Like u said, theres a good chance of the coilys going when u least expect.

Peace Out

Joz

Haha well from all this it seems I had no idea what the cars were capable of! I'd been using 2nd till about 20, 3rd till 40, 4th till 50 odd then 5th above that! I reckon I need to get myself an SR rev rev counter!

i used to hit the rev limiter or basicaly take my car up to just over the redline all the time in the sr to keep the car on the boil,

also would do abit of healing and towing aswell...

i frequently hit the limiter in my auto v aswell, its just my driving style,

agressive with the engine, smooth with the controls......

im not that fussed ever since i saw the abuse that they put a wrc engine on a test bed at m sport

as long as you change your oil frequently you should be sound as the way the 4efe is designed they can take a fair amount of abuse,

you can pick a decent tacho up with shift light for about 50 quid and its easy to wire up. look sweet at night aswell.

Mine was £38 worth of unadulterated 10K goodness lol, shop around, ebay's not a bad place for these kinda things, make sure u shop around now! Thats if you want a dedicated tacho, the SR Clusters have died down again I think but u never know... :D

Peace Out

Joz