Just a quick one, might be a stupid question but oh well.

The OBX Exhaust Manis off ebay that state 5E in the advert, do they fit on 4Es at all?

Thanks guys, and sorry if its a really dumb question.

Yeh they do mate, its the same head, although the 5E block is a little deaper (10mm i think) it will just hang down slightly as its ment for the longer block, not sure about sensors matching up but would imagine it would be ok

Gary

yea will hang down 10mm and also if i remember correct the bore is 2" so depending on the size of your exhaust it may be a little difference!!! also on this note may have something for you to try soon!!!

You could have asked me bro lol :)

The 5EFE obx fits the 4EFE and needs some shaving of the flange to fit over the power steering pump.

The mani will hang a bit lower as it was designed for the 5E but its perfectly safe and I never caught anything with my EP and it was quite slammed.

The decat pipe it comes with does not line up with the starlet exhaust system as its suited for the Paseo so is pretty much unusable unless you want to change the exhaust route which probably isn't worth it.

The sensor holes need to be welded shut unless you want to make your existing o2 sensor longer which there is no need. They are helpful if you have a separate wideband sensor but apart from that, you won't need to use the sensor holes that are attached to the OBX.

The normal position for the o2 sensor is near the downpipe/cat on your oem exhaust.

The manifold is a 2" diameter so it will not match your thinner 1.75" ep91 exhaust system but it can be still be fit with the use of a tapered flange on the other side to match the mani's or you can chop the manifold flange and weld it straight on.

I sold my obx to Luke (Starlet_SR) and he has it fitted to his 4E. When I fit mine I got a 2" powerflow system to match and had no cat at all, just straight pipe, nothing removable. My best recommendation would be to get a custom mandrel bent 2" system made somewhere reputable like Pipecraft or other good places that some n/a boys on here have used before to suit the OBX. If you can't afford then the mismatched diameters will have to suffice.

As it is most widely available from eBay usa there is a slight chance you may get import taxed so be prepared to pay that.

All in all I'd recommend it as a good cheap upgrade that will change the driving style for the better, just make sure you have it installed as best you can. Hope this helps Liam bro, please pm me if you need more assistance.

Joz

yeh they doooo :) ive got 1 lol, but i had to have a custom exhaust added to it because of the joining points. so you mite have to get a custom pipe if they dont join up properly.

joz: the decat pipe on mine lined up perfectly. but i then had to have a custom pipe and back box added to it

Thanks for that reply Jozman, i normally would of asked you on MSN but im very rarely on there nowadays as im always spending time with the g/f at night lol.

Seems like a little bit too much work and effort if im being honest, and would be a very very costly thing to get right. :)

Such a shame because i really want a uprated Mani

Been thinking about getting one of these a hell of a lot today, can anybody tell me how much they cost to get in the country and shipped??

Just trying to price it up to check i can afford it before i commit to getting one.

i think mine was like 185. and then 60 for them to fit it and 260 for the rest of the sytem. so only roughly what you'd pay for an uprated turbo exhaust. and if you get a mani custom made its like another 300 quid on top of that

i got mine to my door for under £200 quid ask him to send as a gift he did it for me so no import tax:)

Do you have a link for the seller you got yours from fella?