i think you find the turbo does fit i fitted mine tonight some things had to be changed like swaping the inlet housing and also turn the exhaust housing 180' but thats it then the turbo is the same and work like new and now my car dosent smoke ;) ;)

yeah but the engine on the lucida is diesel is not going to go fast because that little turbo is powering a 2.2 still dosent mean it spool any slower and i raced my mates glanza last night and i was side by side all the way so i think they perform the same no slower

Diesels tend to run lower boost pressures though -- so maybe the compressor wheel has a different trim?

I don't know for sure but it's the same way you get TD04's with different trim -- some perform better than others.

pretty sure its the same turbo guys, even if the part number is different, but obviously its not a straight swap as shaun found out, it needs modification.

dont see why it couldnt be the same though. its all about saving money. if they can use the same turbo with slight modifications then why not, it does the same job.