I Made A Mistake

Yesterday had my first go on a bike (Derbi Senda SM50), only went on it for like 10 minutes but now it's got me thinking maybe I want one... if I did get a bike it would have to be a 125, and Jap of course.

I doubt I will because I can't afford it for a start, I know there are a few people who ride bikes on here, what's it like going from a car to a bike?

I'm worried that if I do end up on one I'd be trying to run before I could walk, as I have no experience what-so-ever, whereas most people start from the age of 16 on a 50cc or whatever I haven't done that, and I'm pretty sure I'd end up as one of these people who end up fucking up after less than a week, even though I'd want to spend atleast 6 months just getting used to riding I'm sure I'd want to open the throttle at every opportunity. :)

Maybe it's just the sunny weather making me think I want one. :(

I been thinking the same lately bud but getting back into motocross damn I miss it!!

May settle for a pit bike to fuck about on :)

Road bikes are something I have yet to experience but want to do my test in the next year or so :(

Buy my Husky Supermoto!!!

Nah get your CBT done and get a 125cc 4-stroke something...can't go wrong with that, hasn't got the power to pull the skin off a rice pudding so you won't hurt yourself (unless your REALLY talented)

My advice is go for a crosser style bike because if (more like when) you put it up the road you will probably do £s worth of damage compared to £££s on a fully faired bike! Usually you can just kick them straight, get back on and ride it like nothing ever happened :)

I drove on a 500cc bike for 15 min or so (with no experience lol, but was on a parking lot) and really liked it. I've always liked bikes anyway, probably gonna get a motorcycle license and a bike after my study. Actually looked into Ninja 250Rs before the car, but just can't imagine only having a bike and not a car. :)

pitbikes are awsome! i might get mine out soon get a 140cc if you do so much fun i raced my mate in his gt, he couldnt keep up until he hit 3d lol i was quite abit ahead, i was gonna get a quad this year (700 raptor) wheelie it around for abit then drop a tlr1000 bike engine it to it but as usual the stupid starlet has fucked them plans so will probally be next year now tlr1000 v-twin ftw = deathwish might add some nos too lol turbo ????

I have nothing but bad experiances with bikes ive always liked them but just could never ride them i crashed a 50cc when i was about 11 with a friend.

Few years ago (Only just got my licence a week before) i went on holiday in greece and hired and quad bike i had never riden one before it was a 125cc and i flipped that B) but no damage to me or bike luckly. On the same holiday we also hired motorbike again i had the 125cc bike and the throttle stuck on and i went straight into a wall which shattered the bikes chassis B) cost me £300 :p ever since then i thought im not getting a bike because i always have bad experiances.

But if you want to get one then get one try it if its not you go back to your car :p

theres no feeling like nailing a bike round a corner everyone who rides bikes know that

find a mate with a 125 and get him to let you have a blast on a back country road and see what you think lol

gsxr 750 here :p was born and raised on bikes and love them with a passion, scooters even more so :p

i built a 172cc gilera runner engine ported and full race parts to 32hp which hit the 1/4mile in a shade under 15 secs, pissed a lot of people off with that "ped"

As soon as my ban is up (18 weeks :p) im getting a 03/04 ZX6R. Main reason being cost. I can spend £3k on a bike and £500 on insurance and have the time of my life or, £500 on a 1.0l Micra and £3k on insurance and i'll want to slit my wrists everytime i see it.

Plus i have always wanted a bike. Never had the guts to get one as i was worried about getting hurt. Got just as hurt in a car so i might as well give it a go.

Age is a big factor in choosing a bike too. I have spoken to many riders as i was going to start very small but they said i would get bored of it very quickly.

Bourkey

After insuring something like a starlet,insurance on a hayabusa or similiar is a giggle :p 5 yeArs no claims here (passed when I was 17) and can get fully comp for £358 a yr On a busa!!hahaha, or. 1.3 Toyota gt turbo - £1048 tpft :S

I figured tho, most people who crash bikes don't get a chance to claim so I guess that's why premiums are cheap lol :p

my dads had hundreds of bike and ive had a few crossers. but my dads into his harleys got a nice 1 ill try get a pic and hes currently rebuilding his yamaha 1100 and hes made the whole frame by himself, he smashed it through a farm fence pole like a foot thick 1 and ripped it outta the grounsd and shattered his pelvis, collar bone and broke his ribs and punctured a lung. bad time but he finally got the bike back and is rebuilding it from scratch. its an animal, ill try and get lots of pics of all the different bikes hes had, hes like us with our starlets but only with bikes :p

I figured tho, most people who crash bikes don't get a chance to claim so I guess that's why premiums are cheap lol :p

You're probably right on that. :p

I just did a calculation with my insurance company for a 2004 Honda CBR600RR. 18 yrs old and 0 years no claim and it says 8.72 Euros per month or 102,60 Euros per year! That's ridiculously cheap, I pay 33 euros each month for my Glanza. B)

I dont think bikes should be legal on the road...

there too dangerous.. if there boosting they just appear on your mirror... atleast a car you can see comming..

I lost a great friend at the age 21... had a kawasaki ninja.

I also lost my unlce too.. had a fireblade.

Bikes are beautiful... but imo they should be kept to track and so on... alot more lifes would be saved.

I'm really liking this:

ym50_doc_k-30-tdr125.jpg

Not fast or anything but supposedly decent for a first bike.

Other than that I've been looking at the Yamaha TZR, Honda NSR, Aprilia RS and MX, Husqvarna SM, etc... but I doubt I'll get a bike at all to be honest. Still thinking about it though.