Starlet's And Glanza's

for my first car ive want to buy a starlet preferably a glanza and ive told my uncle who is a mechanic, so he said that its very hard to get parts for them even uk spec and one of his boys told me that theres always things going wrong with them. so, i was wondering as all of you own a starlet to let me know whats right, even if parts are hard to get hold of i still want to get one.

much appreciated

sounds like they no sweet F A about these cars mate.

parts arnt as easy as say the old Honda boys but 'hard to get a hold of'? naaa lol, loads of traders on here now and on tgtt, parts are easy.

also 'always things going wrong' perhaps for the chavtastic owners that slap on a FCD and bang up the boost... 1bar yO!... bang! ahhh B):)

as long as the car is well looked after, regular oil change/service and is modified properly with knowledge. i would say the engines are fairly bombproof considering there only a 1.3

as a first car the turbo is going to be out your league mate to put it bluntly... insurance will rape you silly, but the N/A will be totally affordable and if you find a good'n will last you years without so much as a problem

sounds like they no sweet F A about these cars mate.

parts arnt as easy as say the old Honda boys but 'hard to get a hold of'? naaa lol, loads of traders on here now and on tgtt, parts are easy.

also 'always things going wrong' perhaps for the chavtastic owners that slap on a FCD and bang up the boost... 1bar yO!... bang! ahhh B):D

as long as the car is well looked after, regular oil change/service and is modified properly with knowledge. i would say the engines are fairly bombproof considering there only a 1.3

as a first car the turbo is going to be out your league mate to put it bluntly... insurance will rape you silly, but the N/A will be totally affordable and if you find a good'n will last you years without so much as a problem

yh i was thinking the same, keep it well looked after and it'll last forever

i was thinking of getting the car insured on my mums name with me as a second driver but if its too much still then just on my mums name.

thanks mate i feel much better now :)

if you look after them they will run forever if you chav them they'l go bang.....just like anyother turbo car.

stick with us and ask plenty of questions and you'll soon learn how to do things properly and that they are such reliable cars

plus I've never ever had problems finding any parts for them. youve got toyota, tm-developments, monster motosport, race-tech, tuning developments, ebay all where you can find things online. and on here youve got enzo, idrees, pukka performance, JD tuning the list goes on matey. you'll find anything you want

insuring in your mums name when you are the main driver is insurance fronting mate and illigal! if you want one then save hard and pay for it its much more rewarding and alot more legal :)

1. Any car is a reliable car if looked after and maintaned appropriately.

2. Parts are easy to find... you have to look in the right places (But i dont expect mr.spanner-monkey from down the street to know how/where to find parts if you were to break down)..

3. Dont insure the car in your mums name... if you cant afford to insure it under your own name then perhaps you should re-consider what car you want.

4. This forum is a sea of information, i learnt so much about these cars its unreal (Just from reading and re-searching). Anything you need to know... im pretty darn sure someone will know.

Mitch

I also don't find getting parts hard at all!

I've only done 1000miles in my GT since i've had it but nothing what so ever has gone wrong B) But i also run on low boost and never thrash it anyway,

Just look after it and everything will be all good :)

You can find many parts pre-owend or new! you can get all your parts from traders or get them from toyota..

cars only break if you make them break... treat them good and they will run NP!

these cars are bomb shell tight.. break them and repair it.. it will run like it was never damaged..

parts are easy, a big site not alot of peeps seem to know about is camskill.co.uk, get loads a shite on there for almost what seems like trade prices, where i get all my oe bitsw from mainly

definately the ultimate description of the day...