Just Won Ebay Listing For A Manifold Will It Crack?

just won a ebay manifold for my ep91 was thinkin of buying a decat off there as well now i no these prob aint as good as sanc like j performance or on from ricky at ractech if it where to crack it aint gonna mess my car up ill prob just need a new 1 wont i? im only running 0.7 boost so should be ok if i fit a decat and mani does my car need a ecu if i run with standard ecu will it be ok the only mod performance wise is a hks actruator is it ok to fit the decat and mani?

i hope u understand my rambling on?

If you show us the one you bought we can actually see what it is!;)

If it does crack it won't cause any problems other than a loss of power and a horrible noise, unless you're really unluky and a chunk falls off and kills the turbo.

Finally yes a mani and decat will be fine at 0.7 bar, you only need to worry about the fuelling above 0.8bar

If you show us the one you bought we can actually see what it is!;)

If it does crack it won't cause any problems other than a loss of power and a horrible noise, unless you're really unluky and a chunk falls off and kills the turbo.

Finally yes a mani and decat will be fine at 0.7 bar, you only need to worry about the fuelling above 0.8bar

thanks for swift reply so if i fit these parts it will be an instant power gain and the only thing to worry for is cracks so i can put these on tomorrow i dont have uprated air filter only actuator so it will be ok? and yeh boosting 0.7 will it creep the boost?? cause i can reset actuator

thanks for swift reply so if i fit these parts it will be an instant power gain and the only thing to worry for is cracks so i can put these on tomorrow i dont have uprated air filter only actuator so it will be ok? and yeh boosting 0.7 will it creep the boost?? cause i can reset actuator

It'll be fine, you'll only find out whether it creeps after fitting it, there's no definite answer but yeah get em on! ;)

ok mate well at 0.7 should last a while shouldn it or does boost pressure have nanc to do with it?

boost pressure has a bit to do with it, but seriously man them manifolds are terrible, it really wont last five minutes

make sure you get a braced de-cat, i got them and the mani lasted about 8months then it totaly shat itself, it cracked nearly all the way round the turbo flange on the weld and on the way home(driving very steady) because it was moving loads it cracked the oil feed pipe to the turbo, which left me on the side of the road waiting for my mate with a trailer. so although it may have been cheap it might not be so cheap in the future!

Basically stainless manifolds are generally shite unless u spend a bit of dough on better grade steel, ie the sort of thickness and quality ricky lee uses is his stuff, and zisco use. Budget wise mild steel is the best bet