I have not stated i do this my friend.. I said i was searching through pistonheads and saw that many people have registered them as a 1.3 instead of the turbo... I personally dont agree with it. Sorry if you mis understood me.

Dan

mine is down has 1.3 in log book but i have told insurance its 1.3 turbo has its not worth the risk

This is i have done, That being said, it took me Ages to find an insurance company that new what it was!! lol

Dan

Wasn't implying you did but just noting that spying eyes are everywhere - unfortunately it is quite widespread, and even yours truly (in my early years) admittedly followed suit.

Ah okay sorry i misunderstood you in that case then my friend :( When i called my insurance company and gave them the details on reg papers they quoted me 600 quid :D which dont get me wrong was tempting but I explained that this was not a Starlet GL (something like that) but a Glanza with the 1.3 turbocharged engine. This boosted in up over Double the original quote however i would rather pay more due to an Void insured driver hitting me :rolleyes: wasnt nice not getting anything back!! Its understandable why people do it though i guess.

Dan

Try with Sky Insurance, they usually give extremely competitive quotes and are fans of imports, and don't seem to extortion the younger drivers

Paul, you'd better discipline me quick or I may do more naughty things :rolleyes:

Mine is insured as a Turbo as its not worth the risk and i hate people that do not insure there car's for what they actually are as if they hit you, You wouldn't be able to claim of there insurance company as they would say there not insured :rolleyes::(

lol

not being funny but i bet theres plenty of members who do this that would never say, but we say this but who out of every1 has insured all there modifications??? i bet 85% of people on here havent declared all there mods.not being an arse but i can happily say this cus mines properly insured as a turbo conversion will every mod declared even upto the gear nob lol :rolleyes: only saying this cus if your get pulled by some clued up copper who knows his shit he will be phoning your insurace there and then..... just a note :(:D

Always funny to read this, in the Netherlands it's not even possible to insure it as a Glanza even if you'd really want that. Insurance companies just don't know those cars and they don't really care.

You have to make sure the power output is right though, that's the only catch here (with all cars). Power can only be 20% higher then original or you have to get it looked at etc to get the higher power on paper (mine is correct on paper though, 100 kw or something). The prices you pay are the same as a normal starlet 1.3 though, I actually wanted to insure it for more but that wasn't possible. :rolleyes:

My insurance asked me if it was a starlet or glanza due to it being a import. Promptly told them it was a glanza-v. Gets on my tits this same as Mc Chav who'll drop a 2lt in a corsa and claim it's only a 1.2

not being funny but i bet theres plenty of members who do this that would never say, but we say this but who out of every1 has insured all there modifications??? i bet 85% of people on here havent declared all there mods.not being an arse but i can happily say this cus mines properly insured as a turbo conversion will every mod declared even upto the gear nob lol B) only saying this cus if your get pulled by some clued up copper who knows his shit he will be phoning your insurace there and then..... just a note :lol::lol:

I have to agree, aswell as the people who say they don't go fast or don't ever go above the speed limit. Why are you spending thousands of pounds to more than double the power output of your engine then. B)

It's understandable because it's on a public forum but still some people seem over the top.