when my car is on tick over it seems to be clicking very loudly. been doing this for a while and there doesn't seem to be any problems with the way my car is running. it just sounds a bit dodgy.

is this normal, or has starving marving from southpark got stuck in there?

it stops when i get the revs up. sounds like its coming from the rocker cover area. im no engine genius so im a bit worried it could be the start of something bad.

sounds like a clicking noise to be honest. read in an old post the problem could be an idle control valve?

sounds like its coming from the fuel rail area near where the air inlet mani joins to the engine block.

doesn't seem to be a problem when it running. but sometimes when i stop at lights and stuff the revs drop close to stalling then raise back up again. just sounds shit when on tick over so would like to stop it!

• 2 weeks later...

it aint nothing to worry about mines done it ever since i had it n the old man tells me its fine n hes a mechanic :blink:

i changed the oil on mine yesterday n it did die down a bit......the noise :D

it aint nothing to worry about mines done it ever since i had it n the old man tells me its fine n hes a mechanic :D

i changed the oil on mine yesterday n it did die down a bit......the noise :D

yup mine does the same its jus the ol tappets clickin away thers not much you can do since the tappets r hydralic jus turn the music up thats what i do :blink: or a good ol rev :D:lol:

its injector click. every starlet ive heard has it. never heard one with noisey tappets myself.

you could get them ultrasonically cleaned if it bothers you that much.

personally i would just spend a tenner on a good quality injector treatment like Forté or Wynns.

• 1 month later...