i know but theyre cheaper, and ive already got a 4efe in my car lmao, and seein as im not in work atm i dont need my car on the road lmao, it was just a thought to see if it would work lol, fastest 4efe ever? lmao

No a forged 4efe will not be able to handle boost you will need low compression pistions :p

And why not? One of the old Starlet pioneers from Australia installed a TD04 on a bone-stock 4E-FE once to the tune of more than 200bhp and reasonable amounts of boost, and I won't even start talking of the plethora of stock internal 5E-FHE's and the power they have made reliably throughout the years.

It all depends basically on the path you wish to follow - stock internals can be done, but huge priority is placed on the tune and engine management. Forged components can give the extra buffer from a less than perfect map and will surely take boost; again, high c/r components can be used, all it means is that when using higher boost levels the detonation threshold is reduced.

And why not? One of the old Starlet pioneers from Australia installed a TD04 on a bone-stock 4E-FE once to the tune of more than 200bhp and reasonable amounts of boost, and I won't even start talking of the plethora of stock internal 5E-FHE's and the power they have made reliably throughout the years.

It all depends basically on the path you wish to follow - stock internals can be done, but huge priority is placed on the tune and engine management. Forged components can give the extra buffer from a less than perfect map and will surely take boost; again, high c/r components can be used, all it means is that when using higher boost levels the detonation threshold is reduced.

I knew there would be someone to slap me with a fish and it had to be you riko :p I thought with the compression been diffrent it would not work! ah well my bad thanks for explaining that for me and puting me right riko babe :p

Lmao get your self back to work buy a right off Glanza and do the conversion :p

im tryin to get back into work lmao, i got a bloody holiday booked to pay for, thats if this ash cloud decides to go away, i do intend to do a forged rebuild when im back in work because im moving out of my house to a big house with a 4 car drive and a garage and a huge shed, that hopefully ill be able to take over :p

but first things first i need a bloody job lmao

The rolla nastyrash is doing is a compleatly stock 4efe with a turbo off a gt strapped to it and he will be using a megasquirt stand alone ecu. it's not far off compleat the last time I looked should be a little monster.

I knew there would be someone to slap me with a fish and it had to be you riko :D I thought with the compression been diffrent it would not work! ah well my bad thanks for explaining that for me and puting me right riko babe :p

Teehee, well, we could it a "fish" what I'll be spanking you with later :p

yep the stock engine has lots of very different parts to the turbo,= thermostate housing, inlet manifold, throttle body, dampend pully, external coil + king lead, oil filter sandwich plate, sump, nock sensor, flywheel & clutch are but a few, and as i have found the ECU on the turbo is quite a bit more advanced as the standard dizzy with internal coil only has a singl hall sensor. the turbo with external coil has both a rpm and cam position sensor + knock control. but thr are many bolt on electronic parts you can bye to add these systems to a standard 4efe.

Where are you getting the megasquirt from ^^

ready built?? or building it yourself?

looked at getting one just wasn`t sure on the dizzy set up for the N/A so opted to look into coilpack/EDIS route and trigger wheel Should better ignition control and a stabler idle with it.

A

Where are you getting the megasquirt from ^^

ready built?? or building it yourself?

looked at getting one just wasn`t sure on the dizzy set up for the N/A so opted to look into coilpack/EDIS route and trigger wheel Should better ignition control and a stabler idle with it.

A

sorry for the late reply fella, i import thm from america in kit form (much cheaper), and yes build thm my self. i use the mega squirt 2, just as the EFI controler. the only down side to thm iz thy are batch firing. and use MSD ignition control mainly because it has mulity spark duration at lower rpms and iz capasitive discharge digital amp, with the c4 coil 65kv u know. you can use the singel dizzy off the turbo it has a rpm pick up on it, but are much easyer ways of puting after market pro ignition amps on the car.