Anyone Else Ever Get Bored Of The Starlet ?

I sold my dam clean SR as I got a bit bored of the lack of speed.

Bought the 205 Rallye for the performance and retro-ness , but after a while the affect wore off. Sure it was probs the best car I will ever own for back lanes/ B road blasts on a sunday , but day to day it was a nightmare, cost me quit a lot just to keep on the road and no luxaries at all.

So now back with an SR as a cheap run-about until I save for a Glanza.

Grass isn't always greener in the long run! :)

Adam

i bought an MR2 and now a scoob... will i go back to an EP? hmmm probably not :p

they where a wicked car and not one i will forget but i love big power too much. 2.0L turbo with a bunch of man torque is just awesome.

BUT... if your young you aren't going to get a much better, quicker and more fun little car then these, save up your NCB enjoy the little car and go crazy when you hit 25 :)

Lee you know I'm going to draw you into the sideways side :)

ano u will mate just dunno weather to get standard pistons now and get it runnin and sell it or go with my plans as ave got everythin just waitin on engine parts cumin?

I'm sure when I start working for decent money I will keep the Starlet and get an old Hilux or something for driving daily and for Hauling stuff around, It's just I wish I had more space to carry stuff and a Vehicle I can tow with as I really want to get back into Go-Karting but cannot with the Car as cannot tow with it :)

BUT... if your young you aren't going to get a much better, quicker and more fun little car then these, save up your NCB enjoy the little car and go crazy when you hit 25 B)

Exactly what this guy said :p

Awsome car, dont think you can get better (£ for £ for the perfomance/running costs)

But when I am 25 its sideways time :p

Then I will have a Carbon Carribean EP95 project on the sideline :)

You'll never get rid of me B)

Random, I personaly wouldnt waste 35k on a Ford thats for sure. You'll get 400-500hp and FWD. That'll be pish.

For £35K you could buy some seriously fast Jap metal! 10K on R32 GTR + 10K on Engine = 800-900hp maybe more.... I know where my cash is going.

10k to build a 900bhp maybe more?!?!? Gtr.

Do some research and maths before posting pish lol

Guest ep82_girl

im very sorry scott i really wouldnt pay 35k for a ford!!! ive seen many of them get eaten up but some of the tuned starlets down here and there not pushing major power!!! the ford weighs a tone and the power to weight ratio is not that impressive!!!

honestly ive never wanted to sell oky but felt :o a few times like a feel now sometimes i feel im not meant to own her lol!!!

like Iddy said tune your baby a little bit and you will be thinking what the hell you wanted to get rid of her for and instead of financing an RS put the money into the starlet and wave as you over take them then :p

xx

i never get bored of the starlet, just get bored of the same celica trying to make me race him, he'll be sorry when i get a job and some money in my pocket :D

;) :p

i can laugh at him as i go past him then, not me laughing at him and pretending i have a fast car :D

Gonna back your statement up them fuck knuckle?

10K will get you will past the 700hp Figure with ease

its a case of Forging the engine, picking the turbo's cams and management. All can be had for 10K

If I'm spouting pish then please, feel free to correct me with FACTS!

http://www.rhdjapan.com/tomei-genesis-comp...3g-rb284g-55011

i dont need to say anymore, have 3 mates all running 1x 32 & 2x R33 gtr's most have spent 15k plus and are no where near that figure

if you dont go tomei.... heres another option thats.. oh wait.. well over £10k

bottom end £7.6k - rb30 from thor - this is only rated to 700bhp if you want bottom end rated to the 900 figure you where chatting about its £8.8k and oh wait thats without a head... oh or cams oh or a turbo.. oh yeh without fueling, oh wait and without an ic, suspention, brakes.. uprated prop, rear diff, hg, oh and dont forget youll have to spend about £2k on a clutch to handle it all and not only that oem transmission on a gtr would not be able to cope with 900bhp

but just to sum it all up.....

oem transmission will NOT handle '900bhp or more' so here's what you need..

http://www.rhdjapan.com/os-giken-6-speed-s...-rb26dett-50745

ohhhh and guess what... that box alone is more than the £10k you budget for the WHOLE BUILD

think i have made my point very clear.. 'fuck knuckle'

Oh p.s - please post on gtroc about... for example... I have 10k and im going to be able to build a '900bhp maybe more' gtr

and i will very much enjoy watching them rip you to shreads.