Best Air Intake Method?

right so im trying to squeeze horses out of my sr n/a as im saving for a sr.

i has a cat back, 2.5 inch pipe to a 4 inch lump backbox :) my pride and joy.

im looking at a corolla inlet, wats the best intake, a relocation and air filter if so what make?

thanks japstar

2.5" pipe sounds a big big for an N/A? How's the response on it?

I'd stick with the stock airbox and a K&N Panel, but if you want to get an induction kit, buy an enclosed BMC CDA! They are pricey though

Agreed, 2.5" is way too big for 1.3 N/A.

Alot of people will say the airbox is good but I personally don't like it. But on such a small engine it's all going to make insignificant power increases anyway, cheapest and easiest option is to drill the bottom of the airbox.

^That's what I've done, I'm going to try to smooth all the inside out with a dremel too when I get a chance :)

(Popular mod on MK4 Golfs which gives good gains, worth a shot I suppose!)

Yeh in my opinion the diameter of exhaust you have is to big fir the engine, I would go with 2'' or 2.25'' and is it your backbox tip that is 4''?

If using the standard air box I would route a good cold air feed to the box, and install a good panel filter.

A corolla inlet is a good upgrade also.

A fresh service and plugs then check ignition timing to check everything is within spec etc to be running at it's best

Gary

thanks guys.

:thumbsup: i cant change the piping now. dont av the money so it will stay as.

i might be getting some funds back from selling stuff tho!

i was thinking corolla mani, then get a relocation kit right down to the bumper????

A corolla manifold would be a good upgrade but not sure on the air filter relocation, the nearside of the engine is a bit tight for a intake pipe without restricting it. Also keeping the whole intake route as cold as possible can be an issue.

I relocated my filter to the bumper on my n/a and the loss if power and throttle responce was scary, if I had more time I would have moved the battery etc to route it differently.

Regarding the intake manifold, I'm sure the 4efe and 5efe are the same and the 5efhe ACIS manifold is good upgrade but not sure on an n/a. I was going to the bother of a ACIS manifold I would get ITB's and an EMB

Gary