• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you going for a plubed back wastegate? no screamer?

yer man they sound wicked it gives you like 3 different exhaust tones -

off boost, coming on boost and then full chat - just not quite as loud lol

Looking tidy Ed top job mate :D

cheers john glad u like it :D

• 2 weeks later...

managed to get a very good set of wilwoods at a very good price as i didnt think i'd be able to afford them but i could ;) so i got them fitted and got my buddyclubs back on for the time being - i had to use a 5mm spacer to get the wheel to stop touching the caliper, the calipers are huge compared to standard lol

got a few more things on the list to do but all is going well so far :D and the look of the car is starting to take shape aswell now which im happy about a few people know how its gunna end up looking but im gunna take the car to the body shop once its all working right and just get the entire look transformed over night ;) :D :D

well enjoy

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

just another quickie boys - after various discussions with a few people about my manifold we decided to alter it - the thing being that the external wastegate was more or less coming off 1 of the runners on its own so its being changed so that it comes bang out of the middle which required the use of a plasma cutter and a long time with the air saw.

AS IT WAS

IMG_0738.jpg

WITH THE PIPE REMOVED

IMG_0739.jpg

AND WITH THE MIDDLE PIPE IN POSITION just need to alter the ext wastegate pipe :D

IMG_0740.jpg

Trust me mate they are mental!!

Almost had my car with the back wheels completely off the floor, they was definitely close because it went sideways when braking in a straight line!!!!

hahahaha koool thats wot im into - i had the levins before that john has now and they were pretty good so im judging them oon being better than that so they should be epic

and check you out driving like a crab bet you had to change your pants after that 1 !

• 2 weeks later...

well then finally after a while we are gettin somewhere managed to get a slot in up at RDT (rdt.tv) best tuner/seter upper (in want of a better word) i have ever come across with Will on thursday night for the beginning of the mapping session, i will do a full write up of everything that happened later lol but for the minute thought u guys might like to see the low boost graph - 17.9 psi on a 5evf35 mapped with a power fc.

plan is to crank it up to around 24 psi and fettle the ignition timing even more. we couldnt map it up to that before as the blow off valve blew its seal lol !! enjoy

this is a wheel horsepower graph so engine power is + 18%

IMG_0864.jpg

Nice one mate, get the dump valve off, no need for it, i didnt run one as it couldnt handle the boost!!

Cant wait to see more boost!!!

hahahaha u mad hed

i have borrowed one of craigs many type s's for the time being as i want my turbo to last a bit lol ;)

its fast enough as it is man its craaazy !!! so smoooth aswel

vf35's are tough as old boots! bin the dump valve, vf series flutter like a dream ;)

Good result there though mate, will absolutely fly when its properly mapped and had the boost cranked up! might also be able to bring the boost in earlier with some better timing adjustments

right then i havent been on here in the past few days but i have been messing with the car obviously lol,

last thursday i had the car all built up and ready to go so i took it down to RDT (rdt.tv) as i had met the guy that runs and seen some of his previous projects and was very impressed.

we started off with a pre dyno inspection where we found that there was a big leak from the radiator - this was found using water system pressure testing equipment

so that was the first issue that we had to sort:

after that we made sure all levels were up to scratch and ran it up to temp to make sure the fan was working etc -

the work then began connecting up all the sensors, 2 wide bands, knock sensor, map sensor and the connecting the 2 computers up and eveything like that,

the dyno that was used here was a dynapack hub dyno and as soon as it started whirring and the power was starting to be delivered i could see why they are so much better than regular "rolling roads" it eliminates any kind of wheel spin or owt like that

will mapped it up to 17 psi and it made 206 wheel horsepower which is about 243 bhp which aint bad

so we had a midpoint inspection to make sure all was sound involving the use of a snap on fibreoptic camera, we looked at the pistons and bores to make sure they looked good and they did, then we had a look inside the BOV where we found that the rubber piston seal had blown its self out - so we held the mapping there at that point as we didnt know how much the leak was over stressing the turbo......

so i went back down on friday just gone with a diffrent bov which i borrowed off quadcorecraig the boyo - cheers dude so that sorted me out :)

as we started upping the boost on this occasion we got to around 19/20 psi the fueling form 6500 rpm upwards just ended up way way too lean as if it wasnt fueling at all and it also developd a mis fire around 5550 rpm which is where the max torque and boost curve was, despite this it still peaked power wise at 229.5 wheel hp which is calculated to about 273 bhp - the engine horsepower figure is only calculated and im sure it would get a different read out if it were to be on a rolling road dyno.

anyway because of the above problem which we suspect either to be that the ignition system is too weak to ignite the fuel at that pressure or down to the injectors that could be worn out as there supposed to be 550cc but we dont know for sure so they are gunna be upgraded when i get back from holiday

so its been tuned back down to 17 psi for the time being at 206 wheelhorsepower which feels fast as fook and it drives so smoothly its amazing !!

any way heres a few piks and a dyno vid for you boys hope you like it :(

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0811-1.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0820-1.jpg

IMG_0821-1.jpg

IMG_0834-1.jpg

IMG_0842-2.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg