• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saw this today when i popped upto c/p, looking good mate, looks loads better in person :)

haha u seen both of my babies now then buddy !! lol -

it does look loads better in person the pictures i have taken so far non have been in natural light and with the i phone - so not the best.

what do you reckon to the white one in its current form ?

honestly couldnt say ed, i know the vf24 is smaller than the 23, think the 35 is a tad bigger than mine. im not too clued up on them tbh. bi interesting to see what it makes and also what mine and arron make as theres not to much info on banging the vf's on starlets realy.

honestly couldnt say ed, i know the vf24 is smaller than the 23, think the 35 is a tad bigger than mine. im not too clued up on them tbh. bi interesting to see what it makes and also what mine and arron make as theres not to much info on banging the vf's on starlets realy.

from what i researched the vf35 is similar to a vf34 put has a diffrent exhaust side and a different style of bearing in it - should push well over 300 bhp though :)

that rocker and cap look awesome together mate

IMG_0530.jpg

cheers mate although i think i am gunna end up with a different colour rocker i think with fittings welded to it :p

wat do you need to no about the vf turbos mate. the vf35 has the same internals as a vf30 and as of the vf34 but. for a monster turbo go for the vf30 the are the same but have a bigger exsaust housing thay have a p18 housing same as the vf34 but they are ball bearing to help spool. and the vf35 is non ball bearing same turbo but has a smaller saust housing wat is a p15 so good for spool can take 1.6 bar no more really same as the vf30 but they have bigger saust so they will push a bit more than the 35. i am on a 28 and it works well but are hard to come by. wat to no with vf series turbos is ballbearin ones can only do 1.4 bar and that is them any more it will go bang. the others good for 1.6 but if you are having issues let me no mate will tell you any thing you want to no about them as i am a vf nut lol

personaly if i could find one on a 5e i would be putting a vf 30 on but they are rare but awsome turbo

by the way very vaery nice mani looks a beast

the vf34 has the same exhaust housing and compressor as the vf30 but its roller bearing, it will make exactly the same power as the 30 but spool faster as its roller bearing. the vf34 is basically a newer version of the vf30 with a roller bearing.

the vf35 will make slightly less top end than the 34 but spool faster even though it uses divided thrust bearings as the exhaust side is smaller. i have a vf35 on mine, on a 5e a vf35 i think it should make around 320bhp atf maybe a bit more.

• 4 weeks later...
the vf34 has the same exhaust housing and compressor as the vf30 but its roller bearing, it will make exactly the same power as the 30 but spool faster as its roller bearing. the vf34 is basically a newer version of the vf30 with a roller bearing.

the vf35 will make slightly less top end than the 34 but spool faster even though it uses divided thrust bearings as the exhaust side is smaller. i have a vf35 on mine, on a 5e a vf35 i think it should make around 320bhp atf maybe a bit more.

is yours nearly ready then ? when do you plan on having it dynoed ?

what kind of management are you going to be running ? sorry for all the questions but i am keen to know a definitive answer of power figures on similar setups ;)

Atm its got an emanage ultimate with an old map for a td04 setup. The car is runnin but its still got no mot or tax. I've been really busy and I've got a few little bits to sort yet, a small oil leak from turbo feed and a new support bracket for the bonnet. Its getting there. Im in no rush as im waiting for the first 4wd dyno in cumbria to be built lol. When it goes for mapping i should be gettin a dta s60 standalone.

Atm its got an emanage ultimate with an old map for a td04 setup. The car is runnin but its still got no mot or tax. I've been really busy and I've got a few little bits to sort yet, a small oil leak from turbo feed and a new support bracket for the bonnet. Its getting there. Im in no rush as im waiting for the first 4wd dyno in cumbria to be built lol. When it goes for mapping i should be gettin a dta s60 standalone.

TEG sprot have 4wd rollers mate, ask for steve and he will do you a nice deal.

wat do you need to no about the vf turbos mate. the vf35 has the same internals as a vf30 and as of the vf34 but. for a monster turbo go for the vf30 the are the same but have a bigger exsaust housing thay have a p18 housing same as the vf34 but they are ball bearing to help spool. and the vf35 is non ball bearing same turbo but has a smaller saust housing wat is a p15 so good for spool can take 1.6 bar no more really same as the vf30 but they have bigger saust so they will push a bit more than the 35. i am on a 28 and it works well but are hard to come by. wat to no with vf series turbos is ballbearin ones can only do 1.4 bar and that is them any more it will go bang. the others good for 1.6 but if you are having issues let me no mate will tell you any thing you want to no about them as i am a vf nut lol

personaly if i could find one on a 5e i would be putting a vf 30 on but they are rare but awsome turbo

by the way very vaery nice mani looks a beast

Dont know where your getting that out of plenty of people running more than that with no issues me included.

i have to say i agree with mini valver, go on any scoob forum and ask and they all confirm it, also ted over on tgtt fucked his vf24 when he went over 1.4, im about to run a vf24 on mine and I've been advised from a good few sources to not breech 1.4 unless i want to risk it shiting itself. can i ask why you think this is the wrong advice??

vf22 will take 1.7 all day long people run them at 2.0 no issues. There was a p1 running 1.9 I thought was mad tbh on a vf34 on scooby gotta be outside the efficiency range had no issues. Mcleod on tgtt was running vf34 at 1.55 never had a problems. Teds was a vf35 which is'nt ball bearing he blew the seals. I only really know the vf34 done a lot of looking into it 1.6 should be o.k on it which is what I'm going to run see how it goes I cant really comment on the others. I have'nt seen anybody have issues with vf34 real problem is they cant be rebuilt and if it does pop I'm doomed expensive piece of kit down the drain.

cheers for the response and input bud, i know the feeling about wanting to push it but not wanting to live to regret pushing it lol. and yea i know mcleod didnt have any trouble as i have his cylinder head lol rest of his engine was blown to shit though from the lad who he sold it too ;)

No worries dude believe me I've heard and read the horror stories on the ball bearing setups. I'll get it set to 1.6 see how it goes it was a nearly new turbo so that might stand to me.

Sorry for the spam dudes feel free to delete.

TEG sprot have 4wd rollers mate, ask for steve and he will do you a nice deal.

ive never been to teg sport but ive heard some of there prices and i wasnt impressed at all! also ive spoken to a few people with fwd cars making good power (400bhp+) and they dont seem to get the cars strapped down right to get the power through the rollers (not that this would be a problem for mine) which doesnt give me much confidence.

jdm isnt far from me and John is spot on, ive always enjoyed having a good crack with him and he is always happy to spend ages explaining things to me lol. plus he mapped mini valvers gt (carl) and it is an absolute rocket! it a beast and its certainly been put through its paces and its still running sweet as a nut. i can go on about jdm but this is whiteglanzv's thread

anyway 5e vf35 ftw!! :lol:

dying to get mine on the road so far ive drove mine about 0.001 miles round the back of my house haha

but this is whiteglanzv's thread

anyway 5e vf35 ftw!! :lol:

dying to get mine on the road so far ive drove mine about 0.001 miles round the back of my house haha

lol i dont mind mate haha

and yes 5e vf35 ftw

and i may have some more piks by the end of today :p