• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As some of you may know i have got a VF35 now which is good for around 350 bhp :)

so seen as i have been in polishing mode i gave the turbo a go today,

should have a topmounted mani and down pipe in the next few days aswell which ill post up piks of when done, im also gunna get some custom braided oil and water lines to finish it all off,

what do you lot think ?

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

my manifold will also be made in a similar fasion to this one which is for a pulsar

but it will be topmounted and externally wastegated ;)

IMG_0386.jpg

hahaha matt !!!! ill get u in the boot mate !!

yer guys iddy is right its going on a forged 5e gunna run 1.6 bar mapped with a power fc - also this engine is a serious beast and had a grands worth of machine work before it was even assembled it revs fast as foook so it should see over 300 horses :)

didnt think the VF35 would take 1.6bar daily? i mean i had one standard on the scoob and mine was mapped to 1.5bar as above that was seen as pushing it.

either way a great turbo choice and i wish more people would see the VF light and use them, as the spool to power characteristics are amazing!

also how come your deciding to use a power fc? on such a dedicated build a power fc seems a bit dated to today's standards.

didnt think the VF35 would take 1.6bar daily? i mean i had one standard on the scoob and mine was mapped to 1.5bar as above that was seen as pushing it.

either way a great turbo choice and i wish more people would see the VF light and use them, as the spool to power characteristics are amazing!

also how come your deciding to use a power fc? on such a dedicated build a power fc seems a bit dated to today's standards.

Well i was hoping for 1.6 bar whether or not when we get on the dyno it will need to be dialed down or not is the other thing - i think i'd still be happy if i get 1.5 bar it aint gunna make that much difference lol !!

yer i had a look at various turbos and the vf series do a variety of different turbo's/ backhousings etc - i mainly chose it for the spool characteristics as it uses a divided thrust bearing and the smaller p18 backhousing - so with the 5e i should have a serious chunk of power with not to much lag - which i think is the main aim for most turbo cars.

I ran a td04 on this engine with an emanage ultimate and a profecb spec2 boost controller, it spooled from 2300rpm and made 1.4 bar around 2900rpm which was epic !

the reason i chose the power fc was that its "tailor made" so to speak for the starlet and plugs straight in without having to make up different looms etc - with all relevent base parameters easy to set up when changing size of injectors base temps etc i also bought the full kit with optional boost controll solenoid and loom and also with the mapsensor which plugs directly into the unit itself,

i got rid of the emu because i thought it was a waste of money

and i have a good tuner in leeds who likes to use the power fc aswell - and when someone likes doing somthing generally they pu a lot of effort into it so i know its gunna be good :)