• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

couple of new bits i got recently.

evo 8 recaros.

IMG_0082.jpg

and this custom made badboy - hand fabricated by the guy who is doing my car he is a propper genius it is based on a subaru prodrive racing sump and it has taken some serious hours to complete it and i have gotta say it is an absolubte work of art.

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

cant see the oil going anywhere it shouldn't B)

• 5 weeks later...

Started off at half 8 this mornin wen i got up and went to go and change my oil and filter before the drive to tuning developments 90 miles away,

got halfway down the motor way and turned my music down and realised there was a slight transmission noise, didnt think it was owt major as i had meant to have just had the gearbox rebuilt - so i carried on.

anyway got down to td with no problems wot so ever and spent a bit of time chattin to the lads and lookin at the new weapon which is secret !! and i gave them the keys to my baby and waited for them to get back - which they did an hour later to recharge the laptop with 90 % of the mapping done.

we charged it up for a bit and then they went back out to finish it off

got a call ten minutes later to say that the gearbox had blown up !! bloody mint - at least it wasnt the engine,

it seems like it has stripped 3rd of all its teeth and you can hear them all in the bottom of the gearbox it sounds really lovely B)

anyway - i am leaving it with nick he is gunna put me a different box on and finish the mapping - so i can get mine repaired with the diff in it

all more cost again its starting to piss me off :mad: then i got a train home big thanks to nick and mike for all todays happenings propper good lads

at least i got to see a 425 bhp run on the dyno of a 3000gt B) B) B)

ahh and i met shorty aswell - sound as a pound - nice to meet you dude have look with the enine

Edd

Sorry to hear about the gearbox mate, seems to be one thing after another!! but at least it was not the motor mate, you at JAE?? an hows everyone???

John

im not sure mate it depends if i can get my car sorted for then - but even if i do i will be driving with no diff . . . . . . . hmmmm that could be interesting with the new powa but we shall see

havent seen the boys for a bit, i think ther doin orite tho even though craigs car is in bits again . . . .

you dont have much luck do you?hope you get it sorted.who rebuilt the gear box for you???? B)

doesnt seem like it doez it dude - its really startin to do my head in now though, a guy near me - i asked him to put the diff in a diffrent box for me and to check everythin was good, i had a problem with 2nd wen i first got it back as well which makes me think there isnt a lot that has been done to it

• 1 month later...

the car was looking a bit of a sorry state after i stripped most the parts off it so i went down today with a standard turbo setup a front mount and a brake setup as it had none on it also put standard rad on all lines etc

before:

IMG_0262.jpg

after:

IMG_0267.jpg

its all too familliar working on the V now - god knows how many times it has been in bits for one reason or another, charged it up and it started first time - can't wait to get it all up and running as it need an mot now

gunna have to put the new rear discs on that i got aswell as a washer bottle pump as mine is fucked get the brakes bled and bumpers on and i need to sort the interior electrics as i think i either cut a wrong wire or somthing aint plugged in right

either way i should have it running and road worthy pretty soon :)

oh and i bought this the other day :):p

IMG_0269.jpg