i think??

All cars go thru the same basic test, if they pass this then thats it.......if it doesnt pass this within 2 1/2mins another cat test is done which is car specific thats where all the ball ache starts.

Have a read second post, here

scoobs are different though asad. the import scoobs get matched to the UK spec scoobs on the vosa database unlike the fte starlets whick have no UK equivalent so the rules are different matey

The posted question was regarding a FTO, and the answer given was generic

If my understanding is right.....

1) ALL cars go thru the BET test first if they pass the following thats it no more testing

Fast Idle (2500-3000rpm):

CO no more than 0.3%, HC no more than 200 ppm, Lambda between 0.97 and 1.03

Normal Idle (450-1500rpm):

CO no more than 0.5%

2) if it failed the BET they go thru a full emissions test which is carried out 2 1/2 mins later:

1st aug 1992 - 31 july 1994?

on the database = (CAT) test using the stated requirments

not on the database = (non cat) CO can be no more than 3.5% and the HC and be no more than 1200ppm

1st aug 1994 or newer?

on the database = (CAT) test using the stated requirments

not on the database and is 1st aug 1994 - 31st july 1995 = (non cat) CO can be no more than 3.5% and the HC and be no more than 1200ppm

not on the database and is 1995+ = (CAT) same as the BET requirements

Meaning all glanzas should be passing the BET

yeah it doesnt matter if its an import or not, if the uk has an equivilant spec model then the mot tester would just use that, other wise he would follow the diagram from that book,

when i worked in a garage the immisions test machine we used had all the information on it, so you would put all the information of the car into the system such as the year make and model and it would decide the test for you, in this case it would require a basic cat test for the car as it wouldnt be on the database and is older than a M reg car

so he has no argument really, if it was an older gt then yeah, no cat test needed, but if yours is a n plate then no, its the mot testers decision at the end of the day

Guest ep82_girl

i didnt even know calipers could move :o thought they were stuck there.

my car dont have a decat (apparently its cause of her age) and she has never failed in emissions

xxx

my brother tried the injector stuff and petrol and took it for a good ragging 1st and it still failed the emissions, then he had to have a cat put in, but he can take it out and put the decat in then when mot time comes he can pop it back out and put the cat in