Well ive just been ButtFu**d :)

My mate apparently sorted out a "FRIENDLY" MOT cus ive got a Decat on my 97 Glanza :D The garage just rang me saying basically theres a slim chance of passing and will let me know soon :) Im scared lol :D Is there any way of passing it wothout a CAT? Remember its a 97 plate 2 so the VOSA stuff is out the window for me :D

Im hoping it passes, the guy just rang saying there no way either of getting round the comp but i think he myt just be using a diff car emissions and have 2 slip him a sneaky £10 on top like :) HOPEFULLy anyway

you will generally get a day or 2 where the garage will give you a free re-test if your car fails. after that you will have to pay again.

you get 10 days too go back an have a free restest. this allows you time too get the work sorted an too re book it.

my gt got through a mot with a decat an a front exit exhaust. was fine on emmisions an ok on noise levels

dan

Glanza v's should not be done the same as uk spec mot's it should only meet minmum regulation as its an import and not built to uk spec and the mot garage should know that, it should only have to pass a idle emitions test, they souldn't have to rev it durring the test. and that goes for all none uk spec/imported cars.

Glanza v's should not be done the same as uk spec mot's it should only meet minmum regulation as its an import and not built to uk spec and the mot garage should know that, it should only have to pass a idle emitions test, they souldn't have to rev it durring the test. and that goes for all none uk spec/imported cars.

exactly!!

Yeah and as above in the book says carry a non cat test :/ so should pass

Read it again mate, after 31 July 95 if there is no equivalent on the database it says carry out a CAT test using default limits, which are in the box in the bottom left corner.

Got it back, It failed on emmissions obv lol, need new pads all around, need a rear fog light and apparently the handbrake is not as stong as it shud be cus apparently the rear passiger caliper has moved :S and has tld me 2 grab a new 1 :) But ive booked it in to a friend 2 have the fog wired in and mounted and decent pads all round and fitted for £170 :) But i dont no what to do about the caliper/handbrake situation :S

Got it back, It failed on emmissions obv lol, need new pads all around, need a rear fog light and apparently the handbrake is not as stong as it shud be cus apparently the rear passiger caliper has moved :S and has tld me 2 grab a new 1 :) But ive booked it in to a friend 2 have the fog wired in and mounted and decent pads all round and fitted for £170 :) But i dont no what to do about the caliper/handbrake situation :S

explain and put them right on the emissions.... they cant fail it unless it fails a pre-cat test...

and as for the foglight, run a lightup switch to the bottom right tailight.... then u wont need to piss about mounting a fucking gash foglight on the rear bumper...

Hardly end of the world, just put a CAT on if it fails and no it won't pass a legit MOT with a decat.

Above statement is wrong, MOT handbook states otherwise

Read it again mate, after 31 July 95 if there is no equivalent on the database it says carry out a CAT test using default limits, which are in the box in the bottom left corner.

1) i know loads of glanzas that have passed a legit MOT test without a decat

2) pre 95 imports require a basic emissions test imports after 95 require a basic cat test. Both cars are not on the VOSA database not just pre 95's so all them statements are wrong

well that makes it sound like pre 95's are not on the database but glanzas are plus pre 95's dont need a "cat test" like you said they need a basic idle test. both models are imports which means there not on the vosa database but glanzas need a basic cat test. Both are easy to pass without a Cat just a basic idle test is much easier

tbh I have no clue what you are going on about. I never mentioned Glanza's been on any datebases?

The way I read it following the flow chart is:

Car after July 95 that is not on database needs BASIC CAT test.

Car before July 95 that is not on database needs NONE CAT test.

So a Glanza would need a basic cat test everytime. Do you read it differently?

yeah a basic cat test is not an emissions test as such. its just a basic test for emissions unlike the emissions tests UK spec cars have at MOT. Its basically a stupidly simple test to pass thats why most glanzas with a decat will sail through it :)