Back to the EP fold after 6 years?

Picked up the EP82 yesterday...there she was, sitting in a garage, where she'd sat undisturbed for 18 months. Layers of dust on her a few mm thick...what a sight! Amazingly the battery was put in and after a few minutes of checking things over she fired first time :(

Now I was buying this car off a friend to strip it for sale but, after driving it home...I'm sorely tempted to keep her and turn her into a dedicated track weapon. I've spent the last 6 years driving (occassionaly) a 448hp MR2 turbo which is mental, but budget racing is so much fun. It's going to be a month or so before she's in a fit state to do anything with anyway so my plans might change, but if not...I'm back owning an EP.

My plan is to put it right and build on the current spec to go for a 250-300hp track car, using only used parts from the Japanese auctions (hey it's good advertising for my business) I've set a budget of 4-5k...so any build work I'll be doing myself.

The spec isn't bad to start with, Blitz SUS, nurspec, fatt turbo timer, sbc-type s, greddy boost gauge, hks ssqv, hks fcd, greddy catch tank, stage 2 clutch, blitz decat, sparco pedals and gearknob, momo wheel.

My idea, is to strip it to a shell, fit a full cage, braces, coilovers etc, single seat, rebuilt engine with forgies, Greddy turbo or similar and fmic with Power FC and 570cc injectors plus fuel pump..a nice inlet manifold would also be fun. And a set of 15 or 16" advan rgs to sit on the corners, will 16s hamper performance too much?

Will upload some pics soon.

I wish I'd taken a photo of her sat in the garage...

I've not washed the car yet as I want to take some comedy photos this weekend for a before and after. The front wing is wrecked, the roof has suffered from the bubbled paint problem and she's a bit tatty but for a track car she's perfect...battle scars :(

After I saw the Option video last night I got whilst in Thailand, it had a section on the EP82 vs R34 GTR on the street and track...basically a stock ep gets bullied by the 34 on the street, so the EP owner goes to a tuning shop and hands over 5k for a full rebuild with turbo etc..meets the r34 again and hands his ass back to him on a plate..then does the same thing on a track. Sadly when they meet on the drag strip (and the r34 owner has bought a new tuned r34 just to beat the ep) the ep gets the drop on him from the line but then shits the gearbox or something onto the track :lol:

It is awesome :(

As it's a dvd what's the best tool for ripping it to web video? That video alone made me want to keep the EP lol. The tuners (forget the name) are the ones with the infamous gold EP running over 400hp that lapped Tsukuba in 1:01 (if my memory serves me right).

Only 2mins and 14secs worked for me then it said share or play again :(:(:lol::o

That's odd..it's all there :lol:

Anyone with an EP has to see it, that video alone made me decide to keep the 82 I bought to strip down and sell on...and I'm going to build a track day terrorist with a bit of luck. I'm setting up a blog of the build/progress, when it's up and running I'll let you guys know as I'll be doing all of the work myself..even the engine rebuild (he says with confidence) :p

hehe..to be fair I think the R34 driver is pretty crap but still, hat goes off to the EP.

Yup, Blitz FMIC, TD05 turbo, Power FC with air flow meter and 570cc injectors, 258 or 280 duration cams? they do a bloody good job on that head :blink:

Incase you wanted to know the HRF car spec is roughly as follows:

HKS GT2835R turbo

V300 intercooler

V300 Power FC with afm

boost at 1.8 bar

Blitz SBC

HKS cams 256 in and out

1.2mm HKS headgasket

1,5ltr with stroker kit

V300 head bolts and studs

HKS valve springs, retainers, followers

SR20 custom inlet manifold