Im going to try everything possible to get a good time at crail 1/4 mile on sunday.

Has anyone ever used a fuel additive such as an octane booster?

My SR is basically standard so im aiming for high 17's

Plans are:

Fit JDM inlet manifold

20litre jerry can of V-power

Bottle of octane booster

Slick/semi-slick tyres

Disconnect power steering

Strip interior

Any other ideas?

Octane booster is shite! Get some race fuel and leave the v power for the run home, if you wanna have a bit more power octane booster only raises the level by about 0.5RON so you gonna need alot of it to have any real effect! Just re-read your post,Trouble is you are running an SR so it's never gonna set a blistering time down the track,not sure how much effect race fuel would have in a N/A either.Don't fill the fuel tank up too much,fuel =weight.

you've got the idea mate.... get rid of as much weight as possible and sort the traction out. Dont know if a decent panel filter would make much difference but hey they aint expensive, so its worth a try :(

Dont forget to get some VIDEOS mate :lol:

• 1 year later...
suspension it bog standard

gonna put rear bags up to 40psi and front down to 10-15psi in an attempt to combat weight shifting

ditching all bar the dash and 2 front seats

its like having my nova back again lol

You might want to keep 1 seat in there to sit on :lol:

You'd be better letting the tyres down in stages. 15psi with that much power you might bog down, Remember some slip is optimum.

You might want to keep 1 seat in there to sit on ;)

You'd be better letting the tyres down in stages. 15psi with that much power you might bog down, Remember some slip is optimum.

front seats are for cowards strip the lot out and sit on the floor

your going in a straight line small plyers instead of a steering wheel :p

front seats are for cowards strip the lot out and sit on the floor

your going in a straight line small plyers instead of a steering wheel ;)

Hes got the same idea as me.

Make sure you have a shit before aswell, go down in your undies and some lightweight socks. Hair cut the day before should help if you don't make a good time. :D

Next run you take your bumpers off lol :p

I'm planning on taking a can of V-Power and dont fill my tank up and try to get there with nearly an empty tank then put some V-Power in to get me up the strip a couple of times.

Hes got the same idea as me.

Make sure you have a shit before aswell, go down in your undies and some lightweight socks. Hair cut the day before should help if you don't make a good time. ;)

Next run you take your bumpers off lol :p

I'm planning on taking a can of V-Power and dont fill my tank up and try to get there with nearly an empty tank then put some V-Power in to get me up the strip a couple of times.

i was thinking bout this with fuel

and keep bumpers on for aerodynamics, no wind resistance on your boot lid though :D

• 1 year later...