Hey people

I'm James from sw london, I have just brought a 1990 starlet gt turbo of my mates brother.

I have been driving a vw polo 16v for the past 2 years and this is a good step up only problem is I know alot about polos and vw's But now need to learn about turbos and toyota's, that's no problem tho all part of the fun.

I got loads of plans for it as I won't be driving it till august when I can get insurance .

I will post pic's up soon, got a boost gauge on the way already.

I know what people mean now about turbo smiles :)) it's awsome and the noise is addictive

tidy stuff dude, i want to be the first to say get some pics up before you get raped by the same comments over and over lmao

welcome to the club also mate hope you enjoy your stay, however long it may be, and good luck with future plans :)

EDIT: and also theres pretty much everything you need to know in the technical section about starlets and if theres not just pop up a question and im sure it'll be answered soon enough as we are all a bit nuts about our cars and theres people on here at all times of the day

haha no problems dude just a heads up on all the 'get the pics up' comments you will no doubtibly recieve lmao, best bet is to turn off your comment notification email thingy for now lmao lol

what color is it dude? and any mods done by previous owner?

Ha yeh I know it's like that on most forum's.

It's dark grey it did have loads of mods but most of the good parts were taken off and put on the guys newer starlet, it's got a screamer pipe, full exhuast, air filter and lowering springs, it's mint and I got it for a good price, only needs new engine mounts but that is not a big job .

I'm gunna get used to the power before I start with major engine work.

The guy I got it off had one up to 300 hp, he used to be on here when he had it.

Hey turbo balls! I'm from SW London also! Where abouts are you?

Welcome to the forum, get some pics up mate.

Shafz.

cool, im from the twickenham/surbtion area

Dark grey.. G reg by any chance?

Shafz.

nah its a H.

i noticed that someone on here has almost the same plate, mine is H157 LNA

James,

bare my company in mind when it comes to the insurance.

Thanks

cool thanks i will do. you guys used to advertise on club polo so i have heard about you.

the best quote i have had is just over a 1k, 21, 2years ncb

the pictures arent the best but i think im going to do a build thread as it is going to be cleaned up a bit, work starts on wednesday :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

img0294.jpg

img0295jv.jpg

img0293t.jpg

img0298l.jpg

img0298l.jpg

img0297d.jpg

img0296yg.jpg

img0289pc.jpg

very nice dude, never seen a starlet badge look like that on the back of yours tho lol

then gain not really seen many ep82s close enough to even realise lol

its not a standard badge lol

welcome anyways bud, looks a great base :)