Career Change?

I'm at college in the National Diploma In Vehicle Maintenance and Technology. Its a good course but may be finishing my first year and not going back for my second due to landing myself an interview to get into the trade anyways.

I wouldn't bother with mechanics mate.

Stick with plumbing or even consider doing electrician course - I wish I went for either of these when I left school :)

Oh well, you live and you learn, I should have listened to my older brother who was none the wiser.

my bro told me not to do plumbing!but i did. (me = stupid c*nt!!!)

i duno i still fancy mechanics, but not really as a job, just a hobbie.

but youll never learn by diy or a wee course what you will as a job??>

yes but alot of garages cant be arsed to take some1 on who hasnt got any qualifications because that means they'd have to pay for an appernticeshp for you, you'd be better off with the qualification you've pretty much already got and just learnin in your own time about cars, because the cars you would be working on wont be yuor own so yuo probably wouldnt find it any where near as rewarding or exciting

im a plumber and heating engineer mate and i wouldnt change to be a mechanic.so many career options with a trade.i havnt been out of a job since i was 16.

and ive been out of 2 and im only 19 and i left school at 18

and its hard

Plumbing would be my choice mate, keep to working on cars as a hobby, you'll pick most things up as you go along :)

Oh and plumbing must be good, I would probably end up "plumbing" the MILF's in the houses :)

• 2 weeks later...