Airbag Maintenance?

Hey,

there's some print on my driverside sunvisor about periodic maintenance of the airbag 10 years after the first date of registration. Says take it to Toyota....Was wondering what they actualy do to it??

Hey,

there's some print on my driverside sunvisor about periodic maintenance of the airbag 10 years after the first date of registration. Says take it to Toyota....Was wondering what they actualy do to it??

Well I work for Renault and after ten years all explosive airbags are advised to be changed, bit crazy as it would be massive money to change all of them including the seat pre-tensioners. Must be something to do with the explosive charge getting shittier over time and could cause possible delays or something

Does everyones air bag light come on when the ignition is switched on for about 6 seconds or something and then go out? Ever since ive had my car mine has not lit up ever but I read in the starlet user manual the other day it should. Dont know what it not coming on is trying to tell me?

Edit: I changed all the bulbs when I put the sr clocks in!

Gavin

Does everyones air bag light come on when the ignition is switched on for about 6 seconds or something and then go out? Ever since ive had my car mine has not lit up ever but I read in the starlet user manual the other day it should. Dont know what it not coming on is trying to tell me?

Edit: I changed all the bulbs when I put the sr clocks in!

Gavin

Yes mine does, nothing to worry about.