i can understand all of this.

but im just wondering if anyone has tried it..you get people that wont to be the first to do sumfn even if it isnt the best idea

in this case twin turboing a starlet when itl be less bhp than say a td04 starlet..

alll im wondering :p

yes if you can live without powersteering and have a large amount of cash

you would need :

custom manifold

custom downpipe

2 oil feeds

2 water feeds

2 return pipes

custom fittings for the intercooler/s

civic rad

air filters

2 actuators

vac pipes to both turbos

civic rad

2 turbos beter to use sumthing like a ct12 or td04's :p

you may also have to get one of them rotated to face the same way for the ic pipes

and maybe stronger engine internals

i have thought about this before as you can see

if you used both tdo4 or ct12, wont the lower end lag like fook, i was thinkin tdo4 for top end and either ct9 or sumet like a hybrid for lowend so spools up quicker but also would need like a switcher or somesort but both same turbos and its like riding a horse backwards from my technical view lolz

It's been done before a couple of times - one guy in the Philippines on his Starlet, one guy in Australia on his Paseo are what I know of. There's probably more examples

atleast sumone else has thought about it lol..

i no it would be alot of work but i dont think it would be the hardest thing to do.

imagine sumone came up and asked you what was under the bonnet of your car and you could say a 1.3 twin turbo :D:p youd be the dogs balls :p

if i did i wouldnt be going straight onto a forged engine...would just run it on 1bar to start with see how it went..reliablility way then if it was a hit then i hope sumone would want to use it on a forged engine withe posible 2xhybrid turbos :p

would need to get a hold of a manifold-head flange 2x manifold- turbo flanges 2x turbo-cat flanges hmmmm

lets make up a weee list..

manifold flange - might actualy have one

manifold - turbo flange x 2 - might have 1

turb - cat flange x 2

same amount of gaskets

2 oil feed pipes

2 oil return pipe

would propbly have to make a second oil return on the sump

4 water lines...dont no how i would go about that

custom mani

custom decat (mate can make these up for me)..i would just get a hold of 2 cheap decats and start from there with them..cut thm back a wee bit then start from ther.

2 sets of vacuum pipes t-pieced off to the one

2 adjustable actuator

2x ct9 turbo or td04

smaller rad

what else :/

got bored so i went on paint and drew up some ideas...what do you think would be the best idea for a manifold to turbo?

yes i no the drawings look like a 3 year old did them :p was just a 2minute job as an idea :D.

tt.jpg

top one is your standard mani to turbo..

second one is your standard mani to turbo flange but then it would have a custom made joiner to the 2 turbos.

bad point about this one is that turbos would sit down lowere than normal which could mean..longer water/oil lines

third one is 2 runners to one turbo...i dont think this would work that well though...

any ideas?

made up a better drawing and a better list feel free to add to it :p

1x manifold

2x ct9 turbo

3x manifold to turbo flange

2x turbo to decat flange

stainles steel hoses for oil feed lines

stainles steel t-piece for oil feed line

fittings for stainles hose to fit to block and turbos

silicon hose for oil return

stainles steel t-piece for oil return

silicone hose for water feed and return lines

plastic/stainles steel t-piece for water feed and return

custom manifold to 2x turbos pipe

custom decat pipe from 2x turbos

smaller rad and slimline fan

i no that something would stil have to be done about the intercooler,airfilters,actuators and vacuum pipes but bare with me lol.

twint.jpg

The way you have it drawn won't work. It would be trying to spin up both turbos at once and from a 1.3 there is not enough exhaust gases to spool them. You need them set up sequentially for there to be a chance of it actually working.

For the time money and effort you need to put in, the final outcome really wouldn't be worth it.

Good luck if you do go ahead with it though.

Wallace is right, with that setup it will just be like having one big laggy turbo, except with extra weight, more complications, etc...

If you imagine one CT9 is enough to give an easy 180bhp @ 1 bar, think what it's going to be like with two of them. And to the people saying two hybrids, two TD04's or whatever, there's no way a 1.3 is going to flow enough exhaust gas to run them.

For the cost and complications and considering it's such a small engine, you're much better off spending the money on a ball bearing turbo rather than bodging a pair of CT9's or a cheapo Subaru TD04.

Yea at the end of the day its a 1.3

Twin turbos mean there is 650cc trying to spool each turbo it just wont be enough, and we know how much the standard ct9 struggles with 4 cylinders providing pressure :p