Remix? Glanza?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Won't be doing anything for a while (due to money) but need to decide what I'm doing before I start spending out lots of money so would appreciate people's views.

Should I convert my car to a Remix Starlet (shown below)?

remix1.jpg

remix2.jpg

remix3.jpg

remix4.jpg

Or instead save up for a Glanza?

Your opinions please....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it depends what you want... and what you can afford to insure!

you'll find insuring a glanza difficult... but if your going to go full remix kit you would be one of very few (possibly none!) in the uk to have done so!

Rich.

wait and save for a glanza, then you wont waste money on a uk glanza which wont be worth much more than what you paid for it, thus you're basically pissing it away, or you might aswell!

also, that remix kit is HORRIBLE! i've never seen it before, but fucking hell, its one of the most horrific things i've ever seen, and thats being kind!

You'll be so much happier if you wait and save mate, i always regretted spending money on my first few cars, because it was a complete waste, then i waited and saved for what i wanted and it really is the better thing to do, far more sensible :blink:

I rather like it to be honest :)

If I did it I would have it without the roof bars and get a better cover for the spare wheel on the back though.

And maybe smooth in the bodywork too to make it a tad smarter.

I do see you have a point though ecksjay in saving for what you want to get.

Its a tough choice Mikey, also an expensive and personal one either way.

Its very often and easy for people to plan so far ahead.

Glanza may be out of reach for the moment but does depend on your budget and spending power. You could ring around and get quotes for glanza but they wont be pretty, trust me.

Glanza will also have more running costs than n/a, not just the car itself but there is defo more to maintain.

It would however be something to look forward to in a few years time.

So if that thoughts out the bag, it would depend how far you want to go doing up your n/a, maybe into a glanza/remix kit hybrid if you wanted. How sorted do you want to be?

Not dissing glanza, because I would love one of course!

And also what you want from the car, speed, looks/style, drivability, sleeper???

Takes time but hopefully there are a few good pointers for you.

All I know is that you want something that you can be really proud of!

Its your journey, we can only give you various directions ;)

If you ever wanted to reach my current spec, its not an easy road trust me.

It takes more than just money... but thats an indication of what to expect in the future :)

Its not an easy vote, trust me...

Peace Out

J ;) Z

if i was in your situation id only ever think about doin the remix route, its soo soo different and yea im liking those pics too man, paints a nicer overal picture, nothings to ever stop you getting a glanza in the future,##go for the remix option man, its cool as fuck in my book.

Plenty of different views here.

Nice words of wisdom from Joz there too.

Whichever route I take the car needs to be practical as it gets driven daily for about at least an hour every week-day, plus there's hell loads of speed bumps near where I live/on the way to work.

The remix would defo be more unique and cheaper to run than a Glanza.....

Then again a Glanza is a Glanza, nuff said!

Ooo, now there's an idea and a half!

Could maybe do the remix then wait till can afford the insurance and till I've worn the engine down a bit (only 38000 miles on the clock at the moment) then put in a 4efte as you say, or could be mental and have a 5efte and turn the car into monster !! :)

Your opinions please...

The first car I got was a 1.6 Punto Sporting and I had tons of plans for it, body kit, cams, exhaust and stuff and my brother kept telling me the money I was going to spend would go a long way towards a naturally faster car that doesn't need mods. I never listened much untill he let me drive his MR2 Turbo, after driving a Turbo car I had to have one!

1 week later I bought a GT, still not bothered selling the Punto yet though lol, must get my finger out!

In my opinion you'll enjoy driving a Glanza much more than a N/A starlet, I know when work sent me away anywhere I was always excited to get home just to drive my GT.

Start savin!

Yeah, tis really different, and loads different to all the other Starlets on here, which is why I like the look of the Remix, and the whole looking a bit like a mini Rav as Shelly said. (like the Rav me does :) )

Will have a look around at how much a Glanza would be to insure in bout a year or so from now.

Might also if I get a chance go to Toyota and find out how much it would cost to get the remix parts ordered in. Could help with my decision.

That would be mental with a nice paint job and a turbo lump! I would lose the spare wheel though. Do it, you know you want to! :)

Now there's an idea! (if I could afford it !! ;) ). I actually like the spare wheel thing, would get a decent cover though. Have seen solid spare wheel covers on the back of some Rav 4's so will look into that then have it painted the same colour as the rest of the car which would look rather smart I reckon.

You can tell there are a few Remix fans out there ;)

A few people have also used the remix front bumper in the past on there ep91s.

Yeah, am surprised at the positive response towards the Remix, I think the only person so far who really doesn't like it is ecksjay but even so he does have a point.

At the moment am definately heading along the line of the Remix, especially after doing some insurance quotes for if I had a turbo (tis insane !!!!)

Roll on new year!!! :p

i really cant believe im the only one that thinks it looks shit, either somethings gone wrong, or i'm surrounded by a bunch of 'yes' men! ;) either way its bloody wierd!

Seriously mate, spud said what i did also, you wont regret waiting, trust me on that. when you first get a car you get the bug to mod the balls out of, when you get a bit older you understand and realise, there aint no fucking point, not if you wanna live what you want and have what you want, you have to wait so much longer to have the most important thing about having a car, and thats pure driving pleasure. when you're stuck with a slow vehicle for years because you blew loads of money modding the chuffing exterior you'll be kicking yourself, i've seen people do it.

as alot of people will say (and as been discussed many times here and on tgtt) turbo'ing the n/a starlet aint too difficult but its just alot of effort etc, so much stuff to switch over and then you'd need to spend so much modding the body to make it even look close to a glanza, then you've got ALL the interior gubbins, braking system etc etc, it does add up.

I've even decided to not go any further with the glanza as it is a waste of money at the end of the day, because it's always gonna be a little highly strung 1.3. great fun dont get me wrong, but it'll never be a monstrous rwd/4wd daddy, which are silly quick aswell as actually being relatively comfy at decent speeds (i.e not feeling like they're gonna fall apart :))

Hence why i'm gonna go look at a few S14A's soon. Its nothing against starlets at all, but spending money on the 4e-fte will never reap the rewards of spending it on an S14, its in a different league, running costs might be slightly up but insurance is the same and i'll actually get more for the glanza than i will pay for a decent S14, so it'll prob balance out.

I'm glad i didnt buy alot more parts for it as i was VERY close to it at one stage. i did buy alot of parts but they're all sold or up for sale now to try and scrape some money back, but i would've never got that money back if i had spent it on the engine, rwd is calling!! ;)

Very good point of view from ecksjay there!

But he's been thru a lot more MJ.

I also understand the cars he mentioned are in a different league tuneability wise. RWD makes your mouth water at the prospect of driving pleasure and pure modifying heaven.

Its hard to make the right decision at the start, but best thing is you have lots of time to decide. Think bout what you want in the long run :)

Good luck with your decision.

Peace Out

J ;) Z