Hey guys, does anyone have any pictures of a Catch Can fitted to a 4EFE?

Hopefully ill be fitting mine in the next couple of days, and need some inspiration of places to mount it!!

Thanks

Liam

No other way for a N/A, imo this is the best way

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=331989

most people set it up wrong, there needs to be suction to pull the oily/moist air into the can and thats where the heavier oil and water falls. Stuff some wire wool in there not like the pic tho make sure its pulled apart with holes in and not just a clump sat in there (this will increase SA while allowing air to flow around)

really not sure how to set it up on a turbo :lol:

smart......^

What i ment was the FE has one breathing port so its easy to hook up a catch can.....the FTE has two so not sure whats best. check the threads on tgtt...sooo much confusion

lincs?

and theres only one breather point on the rocker cover on an fte though......theres 2 connections on the can i just thought the other was incase you got a race spec cover which i believe has 2 breather points

thought it would be best to do this

rocker breather cover - oil breather

pvc valve inlet side goes into catch can

other side where the inlet goes to also into the can

so you take out the small bit of hose between the inlet manifold and the pvc valve and put a pipe to the catch can from each side

wow just read most of that its well confusing but i think mines wrong so going to connect them to the 2 pcv valve points on the rocker cover and inlet manifold then whack a breather on the rocker cover :lol:

it seems so mate that after reading all 9 pages of TGTT thread is the best way. you can block off the inlet side and run one pipe from the breather and one from the pcv valve on rocker cover but the pcv valve does need gutting to do this :lol:

thanks for bringing this to my attention asad ;)

it seems so mate that after reading all 9 pages of TGTT thread is the best way. you can block off the inlet side and run one pipe from the breather and one from the pcv valve on rocker cover but the pcv valve does need gutting to do this :lol:

thanks for bringing this to my attention asad ;)

That is the way I'll be doing mine when I finally fit it but I will have the two lines from the rocker tee'd together into one port on the catch can then the other port will be tapped into the turbo inlet to ensure there is a vaccuum to pull the oil through as without it the oil will just sit in the lines. I'm also going to fit a one way valve at the tap in point on the turbo intake to make sure the catch can won't be pressurised (even though there isn't pressure in the intake pre turbo the charged intake could get to the can instead of chattering out the filter without the valve) like the stock pcv valve stops the rocker seeing pressure.

The ideal solution imo would be to use two catch cans setup with the breathers as they are as standard.

That is one catch can gets tee'd in between the breather port on the rocker cover and the turbo inlet and the other catch can ties in between the pcv valve and the inlet mani however you would also need to add another pcv or one way valve before the catch can to stop it being pressurised.