Well i got my Gt on sunday to some welsh kid i got a very good price for it :thumbsup:

Ive seen this up for sale for a week so once mine sold i was straight on the case and paid for it today and hopefully once enzo has got back to me i will go and collect it on friday from newcastle its a 16hr round trip but never mind.

I will stop on the way back and see idress and pick up a rear tail gate, rear lights and light loom's fuel pump, engine and interior loom's dash and dails,

Ive also already bought an engine from J25gti who's coming with me to pick the car up.

The plan for the time being is to drop the 4efte in and just run it on the ct9 for the time being, Fit my mark 1 front bumper and gt rear bumper.

Some of you would have seen it before its idress ep85 he got but had to sell.

ep85.jpg

ep851.jpg

ep853.jpg

ep854.jpg

[img]http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee3/Brad_106/ep855.jpg[/kkk

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fingers crossed it will be home by next weekend.

Ive bought myself a set of black multi spoke's very cheap so a courier will pick them up today and im thinking of re-painting them :thumbsup:

a little update i still dont have the car....

I repainted the wheels black and fitted yellow rim tape

SL371936.jpg

I went over to callington last night to pick up my 4efte from j25gti needs a few bits but a good clean and paint :)

SL371934.jpg

SL371935.jpg

It took a few hours to clean up then gave it a coat of paint i will do another coat tomorrow.

SL371943.jpg

SL371942.jpg

DHL bloke dropped these off today from idrees cheers buddy ;)

Engine loom, interior loom, ecu and dash board,

SL371939.jpg

SL371937.jpg

Just waiting for idrees to sent the boot then ive got nearly everything :D hopefully i will have the car too as well.

well i left bude at 1 o'clock picked the van up at 2 arrived at newcastle just gone 10pm loaded the car up and got home about 7 this morning just over 1000miles in less then 24hrs lol.

Ive already started stripping it fitted my wheels gt rear bumper gt front bumper but doesnt line up with the headlights so need quads or square's :)

You happy with your then mate?

well the car is now home :p

The transport company meant to be picking the car up told me at 5o'clock on Thursday they couldnt pick it up and it had to be collected on the friday. I was stuffed because it was too late to find someone else to do it :p

I found a place in honiton that rent beavertail transit's so hired one for just over £120 and set off to newcastle about half 2ish

SL371948.jpg

SL371950.jpg

SL371956.jpg

SL371958.jpg

SL371960.jpg

SL371961.jpg

SL371963.jpg

SL371965.jpg

SL371966.jpg

SL371969.jpg

SL371971.jpg

SL371973.jpg

SL371984.jpg

I got to the port just after half 10 loaded up the starlet then headed home. I got back at 7 this morning :) done 1064miles in total

SL371986.jpg

SL371987.jpg

SL371988.jpg

SL371989.jpg

SL371989.jpg

well i mopped the car yesterday as the car looked matt white i dont think its ever been polished the paint work felt like sandpaper lol.

Here the roof half and half. I done this using a mop and G3 cutting compound it took the best part of a day to do the whole car but has made such a difference ;)

Picture is a bit shit as it was taken on my iphone

IMG_0021.jpg

it all finished now just charging the battery on the camera.

Just been outside and wire brushed all the anti roll bar axle diff etc and give them a coat of black hammerite too ;)

yea that is a difference, thanx for the pm on advice ive bought some g3 compound to do the same to mine today!

im glad your happy with it, its fair torqey compared to my 82

looking forward to pictures. :)

• 2 weeks later...

done a little more to the 4wd yesterday ive finally fitted the boot i got from idrees just waiting for the spoiler now and fitted my rear bumper :)

SL372054.jpg

SL372053.jpg

hopefully the doc's turn up soon so i can get the car registered :p

well i went out and battle the wind and rain today to do some more work on the car B) i received my spoiler from idrees today so fitted that havent got any pictures yet. Ive also bough a mint set of square headlights from a member on tgtt so hopefully they will be here monday B)

I removed the old front headlights and fitted my gt bonnet and mark 1 front bumper :)

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

Its slowly getting there just need to fit my fog light then off for mot :) i also received my export paperwork today so im 1 step closer to getting it on the road :D:D

Well i dropped the car for mot last night but had a slight mishap on the way there i forgot to tighten the wheel nuts and the passenger side front wheel fell off lol lucky i was only doing 5mph.

Well it failed :lol: the bloke on the phone said i need new fuel lines as there all fucked and leaking :o also failed on the windscreen wipers,

When i got to the mot station i looked at the fuel lines and realized they wasn't that bad they just needed replacing from the fuel pump to where it joins at the bottom of the car. A bit of rubber fuel pipe later a little blood and going for a pint it was finished :p

Its getting a retest in the morning as i didnt finish until half 6ish so its only cost me £15 to get it mot'ed :D:D i now have the customs paid duty form so im off to the dvla on monday to get the badger registered B)