a tiny update ive now got myself a td04 i managed to buy on ebay it cost me £68 delivered B)

Its only done 5k since being rebuild ive started to rotate the turbo but im waiting for another set of circlip pilers to be delivered because i broke my last set on the bif fuck off clip on the back :p

td04.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well ive finally got my td04 rotated and what a fucker. I had to order some heavy duty set of circlip pilers because of the massive circlip on the back of the turbo.

Its taken about an hour in all and had to be careful so i didnt damage the blades otherwise the turbo would be no good.

Part of the turbo off.

IMG_0084.jpg

I need to get the internal wastegate flap welded shut at some point because im going to be running external wastegate.

The part of the turbo with the massive circlip took about 20minutes to remove this fucker

IMG_0085.jpg

Left me with just the housing

IMG_0089.jpg

there was a little pin i had to remove otherwise i wouldnt be able to rotate the turbo so it face down and easier to connect the fmic.

Here are the finished pictures with the turbo all back together and stuck on the new manifold and i couldnt help but fit it to the engine ;)

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg