Making A 'solid' Engine Mount

Hey guys,

I'm going to purchase a set of Powerflex engine mount inserts but I have an optional LSD gearbox so the rear won't fit. Can anyone advise what to do with the rear mount, I was thinking of maybe using something to fill the gaps in with such as Sikkaflex but I'm guessing I would need something stronger than that.

Cheers,

Idrees

One of my future DIY mods, did alot of research on this

• dont use the stuff that you have to squeeze inside it leaves air gaps so the mount wont last long
  • look at the hardness rating of the stuff your putting into it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shore_durometer)
  • use liquid urethane, clean the mount and pour it in have to leave it to set for a couple of days tho

something like 70-75 hardness would be ideal, if its too much drill some holes in the mount to weaken it a little, also when filling a mount use a good mount not one thats totally fallen apart (even if it does fail it wil get you home)

something like this is best

http://int.rsdelivers.com/product/itw-devc...gm/0692867.aspx

I have an LSD box and have the powerflex engine mounts all round :( Though mines slightly different. :lol:

Sorry I have no answer to your question, but a very good mod for the ''real'' feel.

I was expecting to leave my rear gear box mount as I also have a LSD, but somehow the polybush was perfect and fitted fine. Albeit my LSD might be aftermarket instead of what I believed to be OEM.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a set of Powerflex mounds sitting in the garage and the rear mount didn't look like it would fit. Addz, could you find out if your LSD is optional? Just get under the car and see if the size of the driveshafts look the same/similar. If the drivers side is a good bit longer then I guess it's aftermarket.

Asad the link you've given says POA for price, I've searched but can't really find another supplier.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys,

I'm going to purchase a set of Powerflex engine mount inserts but I have an optional LSD gearbox so the rear won't fit. Can anyone advise what to do with the rear mount, I was thinking of maybe using something to fill the gaps in with such as Sikkaflex but I'm guessing I would need something stronger than that.

Cheers,

Idrees

Hey champ is this what you are after?

DSC_8202.jpg

If so PM me and i can sort it for you.

Cheers Cain.

so your still floating about,(here and the sister site)

could you do us all a favour and update your build thread just to show if your still have your epic build on the go or not man