A Little "hello" From France

Hello everybody!

First of all excuse my poor english, i'm french so....(ok ok it's not a good excuse ^^)

I'm 27, race mechanic (FR 2.0, 24H of Le Mans, etc...)

In the past, i've had a little Starlet sr (NA), but after somme very hard days, i felt asleep behind the wheel and....

Now, and after some Nissans, Hondas and Mazdas, more or less powerfull, i came back to my first love, the Starlet!

I can't explain why, but this little car make me fire all the time when i've drove it!

Something that my other car never give me.

So i'm looking for one, in france!

My "goal" is to have a little 4EFTE inside, some chassi mod & other (a little road&track toy)

I like both EP82 GT Turbo and EP91 Glanza V, but, as you know, in France, we drive on "the wrong side" of the road! ^^

So, for now, i'm looking to find the most easy car to transform in LHD!

For the Glanza, it's seems to be more difficult, because of the front light beam that is inverted from the RHD to LHD.

And the Dashboard is not exactly the same between a Glanza and a Starlet Sr.

Is there a solution for that beam probleme?

The EP82 GT Turbo conversion seems to bee easier because of the "4 front light" option (i'm not 100% sure about that)

And the dash between the Na and Turbo model seems to be the same!

So, here you are, accept me or ban me if you don't like me (please don't :) )

Bye

I've seen a few EPs in France in my time, between searching for Renault 4s, because i LOVE R4s!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm so sad.

rather than converting a Glanza or GT to LHD, would it not be easier to convert a French EP to 4EFTE??? so basically just the engine and wiring change rather than all the work involved to change the driving side?? just a thought.

Bienvenue a UKSC!

Phil.

Bonjour :)

As Phil mentioned, its most likely a better idea than converting a real Glanza. You can surprise the boy racers with a near standard EP with a turbo.. as they would not expect it to go so fast.

Good luck with whichever idea you choose to do.

Enjoy your stay on the site. We are not going to ban you because your french.. Phil certainly wont have it when you can find him pictures of Renault 4's :(

Thanks all

Ok, so, my English is worse than i'm expected! :)

Like you said, i'm going to convert a french EP to 4EFTE, but, I would like to make the conversion for the body too!

I mean, converting an 4EFE to 4EFTE il a relatively easy swap, so why not do the total conversion to have a "real" GT Turbo or Glanza?

I like the idea of burning some boys racer with a "standard" starlet, but the Glanza and GT Turbo a so much sexy (in my opinion)

And this is were the problem is!

82 and 91 only came in RHD, so the beam are not in the good way for LHD, so if I want to convert an French Starlet to a Glanza V, the front light are not a possiblility because of the RHD beam!

For the Gt Turbo, i think that is more easy because I can stay with the stock NA front light, but fot me, EP82 is WAAAAAAAAAAAy sexiest with the "4 lights" conversion, so i'll have a probleme with this F****** LHD/RHD beam.

In France we have EP82 and EP91 only with the 4E-FE 75HP! (oh, and some diesel engine to, but......) but they are not sold anymore !

yeah i was thinking about the lights being angled the wrong way for the continent...however, the Glanza head lights do not have light deflectors on them to angle the direction of the light, they are totally clear, so surely you could overcome the issue by just having the headlights aligned to suit for LHD??

Phil.

Is it true????

You mean that the beam are not \--- \--- (opposed to LHD beam who are ---/ ---/) ?

They are straight ( like this: --- ---) ?

Sorry for the poor drawing ^^

If it is like that, youhou, one problem less for me !

I'm sure some dutch guys with Paseo's converted crystal (Japanese model headlights - clear lense) from RHD to LHD by doing something to the bulb position. Maybe as someone in a garage if its possible, and while you do, I will try and find the topic about it on the dutch Paseo site.

yeah there is definitely no beam defractor on the Glanza headlights, they are prefectly clear, so i'd check with a garage in your area who does headlight alignment, see what they say.

alternatively, u can do the glanza skirts, spoiler and rear bumper, but retain the n/a front end and fit crystal clear headlights, same as i have done, and maybe find a splitter for the n/a bumper.

Phil.