Hi all

i have heard that turbos cant be fitted to the non turbo engines on starlets, i have also heard that i could fit a ct9 to my 2E engine........... i have been left baffled

what could i fit to my 2E car.... i dont need full lists of every product but if someone could give a brief insight.

thanks guys

Those engines are carbed aren't they?

Stick some bike carbs on it. :(

In theory, any turbo can fit any car, it's just down to money. The CT9 would suit the 2E quite well but it would cost alot to set up.

How much money are you going to have?

Being such a small engine you aren't going to gain much without spending A LOT of money if you keep it N/A.

A turbo would be the best option for any real power gains, but it's going to be expensive.

i am 16 and currently job hunting so money is max £50 every so often!!!!!!

i know its not much, but i also want to save for a dslr and have enough money to insure a group 6 car (my ep70) etc etc

i have been told that making an N/A into a turbo is expensive and wont be as rewarding as just buying and fitting something like a 4E-FTE or whatever

i just want some things to do under the bonnet really the power gain is not the important thing for me its just another bonus that comes with tinkering

i must say though value for money is imporatnt on my budget, if i spend £50 on one item i want £50's worth of reward if you know what i mean

that or cheap motorcyle carb

i hear about putting bigger carbs on, does it mean like a carb from a 1.6 or 1.8??????

if i did that what would the power gain be and what would the likelyhood be of fitting a big induction kit?

An induction kit wont really do anything other than noise on a small engine. Also just because it's a huge filter doesn't mean it will gain you any power, (obviously bigger means more filtration area) but no matter what size filter or what size carb you have, your engine can still only suck in a certain amount of air.

A carb that is too big wont do you any favours either.

• 2 weeks later...

thought as much,

what about a big back box, i know stainless exhaust systems can increase power and sound levels but what about a performance backbox or something like it????????

i really would like to improve my car somehow, but the engine i have seems quite limiting on my budget :)

thought as much,

what about a big back box, i know stainless exhaust systems can increase power and sound levels but what about a performance backbox or something like it????????

i really would like to improve my car somehow, but the engine i have seems quite limiting on my budget ;)

To be honest you aren't really going to get anywhere with it without throwing a fair bit of cash at it.

If I were you I'd be patient and save your money. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

You can convert the carby 2e's to EFI but its quite alot of work. You obviously need all the EFI gear (loom, ecu, inlet manifold, injectors, coil, ignitor, ballast resistors, fuel tank with intank pump, fuel lines (however you can dodgy up the carb lines to work). The injector bosses in the head are filled so you need to open them up.