Whiteline & Coilovers

so its not too far fetched a concept to expect someone to be able to back up what they say with some reasoned evidence or justification then. good show.

i know had i read a comment like that when i first lowered my car i'd have probably panicked and assumed the worst.

i dont think an explanation is too much to ask for tbh. could save folk alot of confusion and worry.

Phil.

but you have time to tell people you "expect better" of Geo???? and more time to tell me you have no time to explain your comment? i dont usually call people out on the forum, but to me you're backin out of this discussion because u have been challenged for a more indepth input into the matter.

shoulda used the time you do have more constructively to provide well rounded discussion, rather than stating your opinion regarding cornering without an adjustable PH rod and your opinion regarding expecting "better" of the site owner. not exactly constructive to the discussion or helpful towards those less informed seeking advice and guidance.

Phil.

Im not laghing buddy.

As for being anal, i prefer to do things properly :)

Do it right or dont do it all

Please rethink what you have said about the wheels being parralell, please just think and think how the axle is attached to the car etc.

Seems like you want to put a poll up, its your web page, go for it. You can have all the backup needed, but i know what i would rather have, and thats a proper alligned car.

Yes there is no gains to fitting it, apart from a properly alligned car that tracks well.

5mm is alot to be out, doesnt seem it but it is.

Rory your having a laugh right,(are you really shocked?)

il call you AnalRory from now on then, yea ?

on the debate . . . . . . .

im putting an answer to the op about what he needs

and your putting your view across also

im saying its not needed,

as a handeling modification your not going to notice any real difference from fitting one to a car slammed on 'coils'

please dont misinterprit what im saying, - if your being anal about it, the axle will shift 5mil or so to the right(driverside) if you lower say 80mil but you wont feel the differnce through the seat of your pants in any driving condition

also the wheel will still track striaght and true, making me assume that the 5mil or so is an insignificant amount.

i could start an opinion pole thread to back up what im saying if you wish?

but il reiterate again, a panhard rod is not an essential modification, if you like noticing gains in the mods you fit, the money would really be better spent elsewhere.

I believe rorys right, in an ideal world, but all ile say is this,

I have coilovers and had a panhard rod.

I have a front arb, and thats it.

last week I sold the panhard rod, as im slowly converting the car back to standard to sell it.

I have noticed zero difference.

im not saying whos right wrong or taking any sides, merely putting in my experience as a particular example, the car isnt tracked or anything like that, just driven normally with a bit of fun here and there

Rory I tried giving my opinion earlier and they still said a panhard rod wasnt needed,

They call poll away but I think a properly aligned car is alot better then one not properly aligned but the lad cant get their heads around it?!

can't get my head around it??

i never once debated the theory behind aligning the wheels!! FFS i have stated that i have a bloody PH rod!! if i couldnt get my head round the theory then why have i had an adjustable PH rod fitted and my car recently lazer aligned!?!?! what i cant get my head around is your train of thought on any of this!

i asked u to justify the theory behind a car being unsafe in a corner all over a few mm of misalignment in the wheels/axles! and u are still choosing to ignore me. clearly my posts are invisible, so i'll just sit here and talk to myself. u say in the post above that a properly aligned car is, and i quote, "alot better than one not properly aligned". define "alot" please, clearly a few mm is of greater significance than i thought if it equates to "alot better".

forget i asked, im bored of being ignored by someone who is dodging a question because they have made a statement they cant back up. the only person in the thread who clearly cant get their head around the topic is urself if your intimidated by a misalignment of a matter of mm.

good job on the constructive and mature debate we've had. makes for great reading for new comers. high five.

Phil.

^^

Lolz. Rory made a statement and put an explaination next to it. Its seems you cant answer Phils simple question mate so trying to cry on Rorz shoulder wont do any good. Dont take to heart either dude, no reason to delete posts

Edit: Dammit Phil, those arrows were for Clarky

Ive given my thoughts on it.

BUT

People can think diffirent, my opinion on it is i'd rather it was done right, thats all.

If anyone thinks im having a go at Enzo, or anyone on the matter, your greatly mistaken

Enzo and i have had many debate's/arguements on things, but we both have a strong head on our shoulders and none of us give up.

I dont take sides, i give opinions. :)

Rory

i have tein HA's that are set quite low, and tbh when i didnt have the panhard rod the car felt like it crabed and I've you breaked hard from high speeds then it felt very twitchy almost like it wanted to bring the arse round, i think its not a matter of yes/no it willdepend on ride hight and setup of the car, but im with rory tbh, if you lower the car the rear alignment is out a fact we all agree on, the best thing is to fit a panhard rod, is like any other form of modding, you can mod the car anyway you want but not all mods will make a noticable difference but will compliment others, uprated ht leads are a perfect example lots of us have them but has anyone noticed an instant difference? yet its one of the things "you do" when modding the engine and chasing more power :)

I wouldnt feel safe driving a car into a corner with the rear axle out of line!

Think everyone else would say the same.

I had to LOL at this because I have had a panhard rod snap on me and rear axle out of line was an understatement, I was looking in my rear view mirror and the whole rear of the car was swaying from side to side and one second you could see 3" of the tyre sticking out and then then it would go back the other way and was impossible to drive over 15mph.

But anyway my 1st Starlet was dropped 60mm'ish on coils and strut braces thats it. Most my mates own 106's which are renowned (sp) for their handling and they cant believe how well that car handled, they have all been in my car at speeds of 1##mph through a set of bends and I say to them I am not going to lift and I dont, they wouldnt even try it in their cars which are known to handle!!

So yea I wouldnt say its needed but down to preference.

The GT has a cusco one fitted but if it wasnt on there I doubt very much I would go and buy one.

Just my 2p

• 10 months later...

personally i believe its up to you, after i lowered my car on apex springs which are only 35mm lower than standard, the rear of the car was lower on the driver side by 10mm.

it looked very odd to me, but when i comes to the handling i didnt have a chance to push it and see what it was like because i got me allignment done soon after.

• 3 months later...