Starlets - How Potent

hi all

was having a debate with a mate recently and you might be intersted in slamming this into your local halfords

i said my ep70 with 1.3 2e engine would be quicker than a citroen c1 1.0

he would not hear it and kept going on about age and then kept moving onto equiptment levels

so we went through some tech specs

and settled it with a tech spec war, i worked out the power to weight of both cars

my ep70 delivers 111.9bhp per ton

a 1.0 c1 offers 58.55bhp per ton

and then i worked out one of my fave cars

mg zt 190 (2.5 v6 24 valve 187bhp)

122.58bhp per ton

i could have that whipped with a nice induction kit and exhaust system, imagine how much i could smash the zt 120 (same weight but only 118bhp

77.35bhp per ton

quite interesting hey folks???????????

yep :thumbsup: look at the BHP/ton table on the left sidebar

quite an interesting read funny to see what a 200bhp turbo can keep up with lol

i know, but mine is a bog standard 2e engine in a bog standard car and that will take a lot of beating

i will look at that

Remember a C1 is basically a Toyota Aygo. :)

BHP per tonne and BHP figures are somewhat meaningless, like Rubix Cube said you have to think of other factors.

It's easy to get caught up in big numbers and a lot of people seem to go in with their Starlet blinkers on and think they can beat anything. Starlets are great but they are certainly flawed. They can be great cars once you pour some money into them but as a standard car the handling and brakes are pathetic and the engines aren't really that strong once you compare them to some others.

BUT they do have something about them which makes them feel more "special" than other cars even if the N/A ones do look very bland.

no power steering on the ep70 as you say and of course numbers are not everything!!!!!!

and yes my mate has modern tech on his side but that will be very underpowered and heavy, plus too busy changing the track on his cd player, i will be focused on the road, listening to radio 2 as its the only station i can pick up (broken tune dial), iso adapters for new sterio unavailible to fit an ep70!!!!!!!

trust me, when i win the lottery it will be a 4e-fte lumping, 1bar boosting, coilover weilding, brembo braked beast!!!!!

watch him beat that in his c1

BubbleBoy1.jpg

Series70boy in his little starlet bubble :) how cute lol :D ;)

:D

lol, excuse me for loving my little car, i do like other things you know!!!!! :)

but starlets are my faves followed very very close by the mighty mg zt :D

i have to admit the picture is pretty good!!!!!! now for a rapid ninja exit to escape embarresment :)