been offered a gorgeous 318, i would love this car, its an M3 rep, i am worried its not quick enough to satisfy me, although is exactly what im looking for style/comfort wise.

looking at doing an engine convertion+turbo

anybody turbo'd a 3 series?

most likely using a 325 or m3 lump

total costs?

those are my main queries however any other info would be gladly appreciated such ecu advice and any personal experience of bimmer maps

cheers

Duncan

They are slow as fuck, a non turbo Starlet would keep up with a 318, and ruin a 316.

Even the 325's are slower than a standard Glanza.

You're going to be spending a lot of money on engine swaps and a turbo to get decent performance unless you can find an M3 engine.

yeah, i've demolished 328's with fairly few mods, just trying to consider all my options at the minute, trying to work out how possible this would be, i have a man who can do the convertion for £400 excluding cost of the engine, really need to look up costs of parts etc because if i do end up doing it i'd rather do it right. looks like im going to busy at work over the next few days haha surfing the web

You could just spend a few hundred making the Glanza interior nicer. :(

Get some good seats, have everything retrimmed in whatever colour and material you want, get the dashboard flocked, etc...

Depends how much you like your Glanza but by the sounds of it you want something bigger and more luxorious. Personally I'd go for a Lexus. :(

yeah, i do love the glanza, but its just time for me to move on to something bigger, and i would consider a lexus, but im not sure if they're for me.

The problem with the glanza is i know how much i could spend on it and i want to stop myself before its ridiculous, when for the same money i could move onto something bigger and better.

If your buying a 318 in the e36 get the 318 is the is models are a much better engine. The 318 engines are mince for use of the better word a few mates have had the e36's and its common BMW knowledge the only 1.8 in the shape to have is the is.

amazing cars IMO a friend has a M3 rep 325 engine with an lsd its a great car.

engines wise. If you can get an old BMW 8 series engine the are 3.6 V8's (or something) they bolt straight in due to having the same mounting system and points as the E36. :( I'm told.

Ryan

It is an "is" and yes an 8 series lump would probably satisfy, going to be doing a lot of research over the next few days, ill let you guys know what i come up with and see if it is actually a possibilty

coupe's are nice but tragicly slow, i know a few people with really nice ones, not really for me

If your buying a 318 in the e36 get the 318 is the is models are a much better engine. The 318 engines are mince for use of the better word a few mates have had the e36's and its common BMW knowledge the only 1.8 in the shape to have is the is.

amazing cars IMO a friend has a M3 rep 325 engine with an lsd its a great car.

engines wise. If you can get an old BMW 8 series engine the are 3.6 V8's (or something) they bolt straight in due to having the same mounting system and points as the E36. :( I'm told.

Ryan

I've got a couple of mate's that use bmw for drifting the v8 engine are 3.5 or 4.0, the come out of 5series and 7series, the v8 do fall in to a e36 the engines fit in the bay but the mounts need making up steering rack needs moving and the list is endless forc ustom parts to be made to make it sit in the bay, i had a 325 salloon the more of a comfort car than a racing car, if you were going to change the engine, from a 1.8 i would put the m50 325 or m52 328 engine

with a lsd and bigger brakes that would be a easy conversion than fitting a v8, the not so good in the winter tho lol, when it snow's you cant get out the street haha

also been offered a 325, which isnt quite as clean, but with some tasteful mods could be nice, what could i expect from it, speed wise? almost as good as a standard Glanza?

i dont think i could own anything for a long period of time if it wasnt atleast equally as quick as the V

also been offered a 325, which isnt quite as clean, but with some tasteful mods could be nice, what could i expect from it, speed wise? almost as good as a standard Glanza?

i dont think i could own anything for a long period of time if it wasnt atleast equally as quick as the V

I had a 323ise witch is a 325 engine restricted, i fitted a m50 inlet manifold and a 328 twin pipe exhaust all the way through, i put it down the drag strip and it pulled 15flat saxo vts were pulling 15.1 15.2 did well for a big dog it sat on the bottom of the clock at 155 because the limited, the go ok for a big heavy lump like i said before the more of a comfort car and get boring, i had fun in the winter in mine drifting the back end out but got myself into trouble more than enought doing it, tax wise expensive than the glanza, easy to get hold of parts if the break, petrol wise DRINKERRRR,

if i was you i would stick with your v you will soon come running back and miss the boost

heres a pick of my loon

28102009396.jpg

28102009398.jpg

If you do get a bmw i have some lowering 60mm gmax lowering springs in mint condition, a couple rear window spoiler bnib, and some front lights that arent stone chipped

Sow