What size injectors needed for ~300 whp

I now have the power fc, so the impedence of the injectors isn't an issue...I've got a source for Supra Turbo 450cc injectors that I may use?

Just wondering what size people use for the above hp figure...According to the HyperRev bible, most run 550cc, but some run 450cc and get over 300ps.

;O what internals and turbo will you be using?

Would prob be best to ask andrew over from tgtt to see what was in his 330bhp GT, which now belongs to adaman, but not too sure if ad knows whats in there injector wise.

i'll find out and get back to you.

just asked, he used 550's and there was plenty in reserve apparently.

I'm not planning on running anything silly power wise...so I reckon that 450cc should do then B)

The rough engine spec when the original goes pop will be something like:

5E-FE

Forged pistons

balanced bottom end

ARP stud kit

HKS 1mm HG

HKS 256 cams

HKS valve springs etc etc

Ported polished head

SR20DET inlet manifold

and something like an RX6 turbo or TD06 spec...don't want it too big as I'm building for pure response and torque.

I'm not planning on running anything silly power wise...so I reckon that 450cc should do then B)

The rough engine spec when the original goes pop will be something like:

5E-FE

Forged pistons

balanced bottom end

ARP stud kit

HKS 1mm HG

HKS 256 cams

HKS valve springs etc etc

Ported polished head

SR20DET inlet manifold

and something like an RX6 turbo or TD06 spec...don't want it too big as I'm building for pure response and torque.

td06/rx6 and you dont want it too big? errr, they're like, king of the lag, rick's td06 on his 5E is gonna be an absolute monster, but its gonna be stupidly laggy, he'll freely admit that himself.

Its not something you'll get alot of responce from, but you'll certainly get plenty of torque if it ever eventually boosts B)

Well even TD04's are quite laggy from what ive seen, and they arent the biggest turbos in the world, but any bigger than that (GT28RS etc) and you're getting into laggy territory, same with K26 etc, they're all gonna be quite laggy.

those 550cc monstrous turbo'd things in the hyperrevs rend to be drag machines B)

• 6 months later...
Well even TD04's are quite laggy from what ive seen, and they arent the biggest turbos in the world, but any bigger than that (GT28RS etc) and you're getting into laggy territory, same with K26 etc, they're all gonna be quite laggy.

those 550cc monstrous turbo'd things in the hyperrevs rend to be drag machines :wub:

Night as the EP seems to be getting a hold of me and my interest in modding increases I have been considering some mods especially around the usual Intercooler, turbo, ecu, exhaust areas.

I was thinking of giving the CT26 a go on the ep, something like a supra one without the twin entry, its much bigger sure to be laggy but not as big as some of the units being used and they are pretty cheap, was actually wondering how close the mounting bolt pattern would be, anyone know?

Just a thought as they would be easy to source and work with.

ja99a hello!

I could be tempted to join you in that idea...but we'd need a downpipe making up and tubi manifold? I'm sure it's been done before so someone must know of the sizes or of someone offering a mani/downpipe kit.

on a 5e, a k24 would be good for 300hp and it would be fairly responsive.

a td06 is just pathetic laggy. and an ihi rx6 is worse.

my recomendation is a k24. and if it isnt enough for you. upgrade to a k26 because they bolt up the same. althougha k26 is gunna be pretty laggy.

at the end of the day, on a 1500 the words "response" and "300hp" just dont really go together. but a k24 will give you the best middle ground.

hope this helped. if you have any questions add me on msn. because what it seems like you are doing, ive been there and got the t shirt so i might be able to help you out.