ok mate are they known to be rusty underneeth the car parts rear axel places like that ??

Each car has its own snags. But no doubt you will find rusty wishbones etc - it'll mainly be surface rust not anything stern, I hope.

Each car has its own snags. But no doubt you will find rusty wishbones etc - it'll mainly be surface rust not anything stern, I hope.

ok pal thanks alot now move on from the rust lol is there any common faults with the gt all in all like engine realted brake realted if u get me lol thanks ty

ok pal thanks alot now move on from the rust lol is there any common faults with the gt all in all like engine realted brake realted if u get me lol thanks ty

On that note, I can no further assist you. I've never owned a GT. But things like brakes, bushes (wear and tear parts) will have seen better days.

the biggest cause of rust really is our crappy salty roads

if you get say a 92 GT straight from Japan il be very suprised to see any rust at all, whereas if you buy one from the UK it will probably develop some surface rust deffo

Make sure (especially in the winter with gritters everywhere) that when you wash the car you give the arches a good going over as the salt will start to eat away at them

but really I've seen rustier 02 plate cars than my 93 starlet which does say a hell of a lot :p

but really I've seen rustier 02 plate cars than my 93 starlet which does say a hell of a lot :p

youve managed to hide all yours?? :p

the brakes are shit mate, even in stadard form, they fade after like half a second.

my first few mods on my car wer, brakes, lines, bearings, bushes. and then coilovers. and to me that sorted out the shite before i was to go chasing power.

• 2 months later...